News:

11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Main Menu

Snes9x MSU-1 Support

Started by qwertymodo, November 10, 2016, 03:37:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MathUser2929



Ok, since you must have not tried SNES 9x on wii, this is the files that come with it, It requires these minimum to work. The arrows point to what is in each folder. If you get it going I'd be happy to try it to see if it works.

azoreseuropa


Zeikar

What's the project site again? It's on github right?

sindrik

Quote from: MathUser2929 on January 06, 2017, 11:50:16 PM


Ok, since you must have not tried SNES 9x on wii, this is the files that come with it, It requires these minimum to work. The arrows point to what is in each folder. If you get it going I'd be happy to try it to see if it works.
it has been working since it was published

Kallisto


qwertymodo

It goes in sd:/apps/snes9xgx/boot.dol just like any other homebrew app. If you want the icon and metadata, just download those from the normal snes9xgx package. They're not required, contrary to what MathUser2929 seems to think, they just make it look nice in HBC.

Spooniest

No crap???

Dang. I uh, er...wow.

(TESTING THE THING)

...You do a service to CPU temperatures everywhere, qwertymodo.

Danke schoen, domo arigato gozaimasu, merci beaucoup, grazie multissimo.

Thank you.
Yamero~~!

Da_GPer

I have tried running BS Zelda using the Windows version. I have the patched smc file, the msu file, and all the pcm files in the rom folder with the rest of my games. When I run it, the video is just a green block. Also, on Chrono Trigger, I did the same thing as BS Zelda and I got no intro and the original music. What am I doing wrong?

Kallisto

#68
Nevermind I got it working!!! It was the damn boot file! LOL

Actually I did find a bug, but is it possible your version of Snes9x gx is causing popping sounds on Non-MSU1 games? I've tested one out, and I noticed the problem that was never there before last time I booted this one game up.

Zero Dozer

Now, someone should implement this into the RetroAchievements version of SNES 9X.

Kallisto

Man I would love that, but me personally I hope the popping sound will get resolved soon. Also I noticed something, but not that it bugs me because it keep me from scumming though a game, the fast-forward thing is gone now. I take it was causing issues with the MSU-1?

MathUser2929

https://gbatemp.net/threads/snes-9x-wii-with-msu1-support.461479/

I posted about the Wii version on GBA Temp for you. I tried to add it to WiiBrew but I can't get past the captcha.

Possessed

Quote from: Kallisto on February 17, 2017, 05:11:44 AM
Man I would love that, but me personally I hope the popping sound will get resolved soon. Also I noticed something, but not that it bugs me because it keep me from scumming though a game, the fast-forward thing is gone now. I take it was causing issues with the MSU-1?

Fast forward works for me...

Kallisto

Quote from: Possessed on February 19, 2017, 10:08:55 PM
Fast forward works for me...

Strange..see when I pushed against the yellow D-pad on my gamecube controller that nothing happens, maybe it is a bug on my end? Nothing wrong with my controller as it works with a non-MSU1 SNES9 gx.

Unless I have to re-enable Fast Forward through options (I have not checked out the new options screen yet with this version)

azoreseuropa


Possessed

Quote from: Kallisto on February 21, 2017, 08:54:06 AM
Strange..see when I pushed against the yellow D-pad on my gamecube controller that nothing happens, maybe it is a bug on my end? Nothing wrong with my controller as it works with a non-MSU1 SNES9 gx.

Unless I have to re-enable Fast Forward through options (I have not checked out the new options screen yet with this version)

Oh I'm sorry, I was talking about on PC.  My bad.  :(

Pickle

I tried to get this to work off the git with unix builds and I get no music at all. I built with all defaults. I did get the MSU-1 in the rom info.
I used the same setup for Secret of Mana from windows machine with the binaries from the first post and that worked.

qwertymodo

Try the GTK build instead of the Unix build, I was never able to get any audio out of the Unix build either.

Pickle

sorry i should have said that i tried both the unix and the gtk. Im getting the sound effects so that is working. But nothing for music.

qwertymodo

Do non-MSU1 games sound fine then?  If so, it's probably a file naming issue or something like that.  A screenshot of the directory containing the ROM and .msu/.pcm files would be helpful in troubleshooting.