News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: ROM Hacks: New Hacks Added to the Database  (Read 5628 times)

RHDNBot

ROM Hacks: New Hacks Added to the Database
« on: November 06, 2016, 12:59:40 am »

Update By: RHDNBot

This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net's RHDNBot.

The following Hacks have been submitted and approved to the database (in submitted order oldest to newest):

Relevant Link

Plint Michigan

• View Profile
Re: ROM Hacks: New Hacks Added to the Database
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2016, 06:15:31 am »
I remember that attack from LofD. It looked like she was taking a dump.

Spinner 8

• Pink Pretty Princess
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2016, 07:30:42 pm »
I eagerly look forward to the day when every single FF6 bug is finally, finally, fixed

assassin

• View Profile
    • My Barren Webpage
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2016, 04:14:31 am »
do you also look forward to running fast enough to reach the horizon?

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2016, 11:55:14 am »
I eagerly look forward to the day when every single FF6 bug is finally, finally, fixed
One wonders how many bugs actually still remain.  You think "hey everything's fixed" and then someone comes up with a whole new flaw that you didn't realize was there.  :P

Lilinda

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2016, 12:36:51 pm »
It's got a shit ton of bugs or errors(Not the same thing, but they get lumped in together because gamers as a whole can be dumb. Myself included). The count when I last checked was over 300.

And really, I see no difference between what the FF6 community does and the Bethesda engine games unofficial efforts. Shitting on the FF6 community for trying to fix up a game they love is kind of dickish.
Retired moderator/staff member as of July 14th 2016

Josephine Lithius

• THE WORLD IS MINE!!
    • View Profile
    • Jo Li KMC @ Tumblr
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2016, 01:38:34 pm »
The amount of love Daggerfal is still getting is very encouraging, to point out an example.  So many fixes and mods...!

Spinner 8

• Pink Pretty Princess
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2016, 03:01:35 pm »
It's got a shit ton of bugs or errors(Not the same thing, but they get lumped in together because gamers as a whole can be dumb. Myself included). The count when I last checked was over 300.

Just because the game has been under more scrutiny than almost any other video game, ever, constantly, does not mean it's a buggy game. I'm sure if you put, say, FEDA under an electron microscope for over a decade, you'd probably find a lot more than 300 bugs.

And really, I see no difference between what the FF6 community does and the Bethesda engine games unofficial efforts. Shitting on the FF6 community for trying to fix up a game they love is kind of dickish.

If there was an individual patch for every single bug in Skyrim that was fixed by fans, and there was no guarantee which ones worked with each other and which didn't? Yeah, I gotta say I'd be annoyed by that too.

Right now, over 40% of all bugfix patches here on RHDN are for FF6 (more if you count the GBA port). And, if the "300 bugs" number is correct, then I guess we'll be seeing 235 more patches in the future. I understand why they're all done separately (well....... sorta), and the hackers are free to do so, just like I'm free to complain about it, and you're free to think better of me.

Anyways, the only really bad part of it all is the cool names they give the hacks. I see awesome titles like "Chain of Command" and "Off Death Row" and I think ooh, sounds like a cool ROM hack, but it's just another "in a single part of the game under a single rare condition, Terra wears a hat for a frame" and it's like aargh dammit why did I get excited for this.

(edit: typo)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 05:25:50 pm by Spinner 8 »

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2016, 04:28:41 pm »
So it's just over half now maybe?  The patch with all the known fixes has it at 158, not counting patches with multiple fixes.

Or Baldur's Gate 1/2 original, or efforts like VtMB's unofficial patch and TSLRCM for that matter.  It's pretty darn cool really.  The main thing here I think, is that they tend to be released standalone (though each one does include much helpful information), whereas those efforts lump together tons of bugs into one package.  However another problem is that this is the only big SNES game that ends up with 300 bugs; the other examples have the benefit of an installer to modify files, it can't quite go the same way with hacking an SNES game.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 04:49:07 pm by Chronosplit »

Bahamut ZERO

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2016, 04:14:15 pm »
Anyways, the only really bad part of it all is the cool names they give the hacks. I see awesome titles like "Chain of Command" and "Off Death Row" and I think ooh, sounds like a cool ROM hack, but it's just another "in a single part of the game under a single rare condition, Terra wears a hat for a frame" and it's like aargh dammit why did I get excited for this.

That was literally my train of thought a moment ago while checking out the new releases.  :laugh:

That music player hack is pretty epic, though.  :thumbsup:
Like Super Mario Land? Then you'll love my first completed Rom Hack: Maniac on the Run!

tc

• Lum Fan
    • View Profile
    • Eon Blog
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2016, 05:44:20 pm »
Keep up the good work. Each FF6 bug fixed is one less release of another Chrono Trigger retranslation. ;)

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2016, 01:47:47 pm »
Keep up the good work. Each FF6 bug fixed is one less release of another Chrono Trigger retranslation. ;)
There's only two of those, not counting my addendum to the already existing text-centered fix.  Which isn't even a re-translation, just a fixup.

Meanwhile VI has... 3 I want to say here alone?  There's two others outside of here I think, it all depends on your definition.

Madsiur

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • FF6 hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2016, 11:43:37 pm »
Right now, over 40% of all bugfix patches here on RHDN are for FF6 (more if you count the GBA port). And, if the "300 bugs" number is correct, then I guess we'll be seeing 235 more patches in the future. I understand why they're all done separately (well....... sorta), and the hackers are free to do so, just like I'm free to complain about it, and you're free to think better of me.

I don't see the point of the complains toward FF6 bugfix patches or FF6 patches in general. I think the SNES version is on of the the most documented game and the one that has a lot of editors to work with. It is therefore a popular game and one that offer a lot of possibilities. It could also be the one that sees a high number of poor quality hacks but I think the bar is set high in 2016 for "complete" FF6 hacks.

I'm personally not into bugfixes really, I prefer doing improvements or tweak patches aimed for hackers and these sort of patches will probably not stop being released either. For a lot of FF6 hackers, the game was also their favorite childhood one which is another reason to stick to it. Sailing is not only about being in uncharted waters, it can also be about doing the most optimized well know course or documenting the small aquatic life of a popular river know for its fun itinerary. /end of bad analogy

I don't see the interest in hacking SMW really but I'll never complain about the amount of SMW hacks because complaining about other people hobbies serve no real purpose, outside of commenting the quality of the work. I can however see the work put into some SMW hacks and respect the scene for the most. As you said, each person has the right to his opinions but being entitled to one does not mean it is necessary to express it. Those FF6 comments are somewhat recurring and I just don't see where they could ultimately lead. end of rant

Well in my book each bugfix patch title should end with "Fix". It is good for clarity and to not raise false hope :P

That music player hack is pretty epic, though.

For the record it's basically the FF6-T Edition music player that was given to me in 2014 by FF6-T creator that I adapted to FF3us. The similarities with Pandora's Box music player coded around 2008 are huge and chances are some Japanese hacker snipped it from the PB demo and adapted it to FF6j. I have little credit for the music player, I did not touched the core really, I've only did the menu work and routines adaptation and redirection to correct code. Tsushiy has probably little credit also for his since he told me all the complex ASM stuff in FF6-T had been made by another hacker, probably the same that adapted/coded the music player.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 08:53:05 am by Madsiur »