News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Minish Cap Link Sprite for Link to the Past SNES?  (Read 3047 times)

Dogeritos

• Dogeritos r kewl
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel (Don't Go There... Pretty Bad)
Minish Cap Link Sprite for Link to the Past SNES?
« on: October 27, 2016, 01:15:49 am »
I've seen a Minish Cap Link sprite sheet for ALttP somewhere before, but I can't find it for the life of me... I was wondering if someone knows where I can find this? Thank you!
So nacho
Much cheese
Wow
Dogeritos

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
Re: Minish Cap Link Sprite for Link to the Past SNES?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2016, 02:03:24 am »
http://www.bwass.org/bucket/Minish_gfx+edit.ips

Here's one variation. There was another version that I think was newer but the patch was taken down because it contained the entire ROM and the author disappeared so no one knows where to get it.
Cigarettes, ice-cream, figurines of the Virgin Mary...

Dogeritos

• Dogeritos r kewl
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2016, 09:19:14 am »
http://www.bwass.org/bucket/Minish_gfx+edit.ips

Here's one variation. There was another version that I think was newer but the patch was taken down because it contained the entire ROM and the author disappeared so no one knows where to get it.
Thank you! Sucks that the original is gone but oh well.
So nacho
Much cheese
Wow
Dogeritos

Bahamut ZERO

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2016, 07:19:27 pm »
Woah, I didn't know Zelda 3 had it's own hacking forum. I'll be checking that out for sure!  :)
Like Super Mario Land? Then you'll love my first completed Rom Hack: Maniac on the Run!

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2016, 07:44:15 pm »
Woah, I didn't know Zelda 3 had it's own hacking forum. I'll be checking that out for sure!  :)

Yeah, the activity is a little slow (especially if you don't have access to the hidden portions that open up once you display some skillz there) but there are tons of resources and references there that are not available here. I'm one of the moderators there. It's getting about time to clean the site up again.

Disch

• NES Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2016, 11:13:35 am »
Yeah, the activity is a little slow (especially if you don't have access to the hidden portions that open up once you display some skillz there)

You mean intentionally alienating people and hiding content behind elitism is resulting in low activity?  I'm shocked.

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2016, 12:55:22 am »
You mean intentionally alienating people and hiding content behind elitism is resulting in low activity?  I'm shocked.

Well, sometimes people who are collaborating on a project want to work out the details and share things with each other without having everyone else in the world chime in on it or steal their content. There's nothing unusual about that. And it's not like you have to be some ASM wizard or anything to be given access. In my case I just made some posts/screenshots of things I had done with Hyrule Magic and 2 or 3 custom sprites and I was in. You basically just have to show that you are willing to take the time to learn to use HM and make use of the resources that are available rather than relying on everyone else for every little thing like so many of the people who show up and then disappear two weeks later never to be seen again. And as long as no one is rude and completely incompetent we will give them all the help they need.

It's also worth noting that Zeldix originally started because people who were working on a hack together needed a better way than emails to communicate, share and organize their work. I think it was completely private at that point. Hell, when I first signed up over there it was invite only. I think it may have been Puzzledude that invited me after seeing some of my screenshots here. Now anyone can join though and there's nothing stopping anyone from getting into the "club" but themselves. That's not elitism, it's a minimal set of standards that really only gives you access to the private project threads (there are also project threads that are available to everyone) where people work on and show their progress to each other.

EDIT: If you need any more convincing, go over to zeldix.net and see how many patches, docs, tools, etc. are available even without an account.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 01:24:54 am by SunGodPortal »

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2016, 09:37:20 am »
It's true I'm not a member and I've found a ton of cool Zelda 3 stuff there

My favorite is the new menu that lets you keep your shovel

Dogeritos

• Dogeritos r kewl
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2016, 10:09:27 pm »
Yeah, even when I joined the site a few years back with little to no experience, I found plenty of cool assets and whatnot to use.  Once I found out about it, it was amazing seeing what all I could do with Zelda 3 and everything.  The people there are really helpful and cool (especially SunGodPortal, cool dude I tell you!) and they'll help when you need it.
So nacho
Much cheese
Wow
Dogeritos