News:

11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Main Menu

Mega Man X5 Improvement Project [PSX]

Started by DarkSamus993, October 04, 2016, 12:34:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero Dozer

I think that if you give proper credit to DarkSamus he'll even be happy with you spreading his work around.

Thirteen 1355

I got some suggestions on improving X5, after watching some reviews on it:
- Make the Gaea Armor obtainable without needing the Falcon Armor first. This will make players able to 'choose' which armor to obtain, and in case they just want Gaea, skip a lot of busywork.
- Make the Falcon Body part (in Whale stage) obtainable with any weapon that can reach the device you need to destroy in order to break the wooden wall, rather than just Whale's weapon. Right now the stage needs to be played through three times when you want to collect every item (need boss weapon for Falcon part, need Falcon Armor for Heart Tank).
- Remove the RNG element of the ending.
- Anything to tone down the insanity that is collecting the Falcon Helmet part in Volt Kraken's stage.
- Speed up the submarine you fight in Tidal Whale's stage.
- Remove slowdown in Dark Necrobat stage's first half (whenever the black hole in the background appears).
- Change the camera panning in the first final stage, allowing players to see the quick rays earlier.
Helicoptering about till I find some ROM hacking treasure.

fianovale

I suggest, disallow dash with doble tap  ;)

sharivan

Quote from: Thirteen 1355 on October 15, 2019, 01:52:45 PM
I got some suggestions on improving X5, after watching some reviews on it:
- Make the Gaea Armor obtainable without needing the Falcon Armor first. This will make players able to 'choose' which armor to obtain, and in case they just want Gaea, skip a lot of busywork.
- Make the Falcon Body part (in Whale stage) obtainable with any weapon that can reach the device you need to destroy in order to break the wooden wall, rather than just Whale's weapon. Right now the stage needs to be played through three times when you want to collect every item (need boss weapon for Falcon part, need Falcon Armor for Heart Tank).
- Remove the RNG element of the ending.
- Anything to tone down the insanity that is collecting the Falcon Helmet part in Volt Kraken's stage.
- Speed up the submarine you fight in Tidal Whale's stage.
- Remove slowdown in Dark Necrobat stage's first half (whenever the black hole in the background appears).
- Change the camera panning in the first final stage, allowing players to see the quick rays earlier.

About aea Armor obtainable without needing the Falcon Armor first, its already possible in original version:

1) You can get part in The Skiver stage using Zero using Hyper Dash and Virus invencibility.
2) You can get part in Axle The Red stage also using Zero, using Jumper + Hyper Dash (maybe only Jumper is needed).

These two mentions above are needed to make a run in 100% route.

About Falcon Body part in that boring stage, really, i agree with you, making a revisit in that stage is a big pain. Now, about the heart tank in that stage, Falcon Armor is not needed (or even Gaea Armor), you can get that or using Zero with Squid Addler hability, or using X (Unarmored, Falcon Armor or Ultimate Armor) using Wing Spiral (weapon acquired when you defeat The Skiver) close to spikes several times;

RitaXBianka90

Quote from: acediez on February 27, 2017, 09:12:19 PMoriginal:

edited:

I hope I got the color range right. I used the method mentioned here to extract a screenshot in native resolution directly from buffer, then I indexed the color pallete in Photoshop

As I mentioned before (by my old username, azulo), I was trying to 'undub' the intro video, putting the original japanese song on the american video (so it says "Mega Man" instead of "Rockman"). However, I officialy give up. I had no trouble extracting an uncompressed AVI for the video and an uncompressed WAV for the song, I even managed to convert the song into XA format, but when trying to convert the AVI to STR and then merging it with the audio, the resulting STR isn't recognized by any STR player as a valid file. I'm not sure if there's something wrong with the tools I'm using (maybe they aren't fully compatible with Windows 10 x64?), or with the attributes I set (I think I tried everything though)
If anyone wants to give it a go, I uploaded all the raw sorce files and tools here, and here is the method I followed.
That's what I was looking for, can Acediez tell me if it's possible to do it for Cell?  I wanted to make the color palette of the japanese version the same and with the same size I already have the art I just want to make the color the same as the japanese version.

Dr. Dreadhawk

@RitaXBianka90
I was curious myself and gave it a go. This is the best I could do without wasting time for little gain. You can't just put whatever colors you feel like, you have to work with the original colormap. You'll have to insert them yourself.
Here is one closer to the Japanese colors:

RitaXBianka90

Quote from: Dr. Dreadhawk on August 11, 2022, 12:34:17 AM@RitaXBianka90
I was curious myself and gave it a go. This is the best I could do without wasting time for little gain. You can't just put whatever colors you feel like, you have to work with the original colormap. You'll have to insert them yourself.
Here is one closer to the Japanese colors:

Our face was really good if I knew how to do it I would change these others here too, I've always played Megaman X in the Japanese version and the logos of the Japanese versions are my favorites.  if I knew how to do it, I would change the logo on the loading screen, demo and when the opening is playing, I don't know if it's the right size but it would be more or less like this.

but I think this must be a lot of work, I couldn't find the demo image in 4:3 I had to crop the image

RetroBuddy

Great job! are you considering making a JP style logo for the MMX6 Tweaks project?

RitaXBianka90

Quote from: RetroBuddy on August 11, 2022, 07:55:22 AMGreat job! are you considering making a JP style logo for the MMX6 Tweaks project?
But the one for the X6 already exists and as incredible as it may seem I knew that it was taken from the Comand Mission I would say that this logo of the X5 also only changes the color palette and if you understand well the art is not the same as the Japanese version is missing some details at the bottom where the letters M, A and N are, notice that the japanese version has these spaces and this version that a fan made of the X5 doesn't