News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Vixen 357 is out!  (Read 12889 times)

celcion

• View Profile
Re: Translations: Vixen 357 is out!
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2016, 05:26:02 pm »
I've just PM'd it to you. And thank *you*.  8)

I tried it on the Regen 0.97D and after I pressed B - the games goes on as it should be. And it's the same for the original Japanese game too.
Do you have a save just a little before that?
Because I don't see what's causing it.

umeshoryu

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2016, 06:26:15 pm »
Anyone has save state hacking info on this game?

celcion

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2016, 07:37:34 pm »
I fixed that "PUSH BUTTON" message an the title screen. Updated patch is undergo approval and will be available soon.

Sorry, guys, I can't believe we missed that...  :-[

Gamerhenky

• Fire Emblem X Wizardry
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2016, 08:58:58 pm »
@celcion: Is this a bug?

I have a bug to report, which may / may not be in the original.
In scenario 1, I got to the point where only 2 enemy units remained (on top of 3 mooks on my end, including the commander). During enemy turn, the "enemy troop" attacked Nelson hand-to-hand, but died on Nelson's counter. Poor thing. The game exited from the animation andgot back to the map as usual.
Unfortunately, that's it. The game stayed there for ever, as if not knowing what to do. No death quote. No move from the second enemy (the lead, I think, a green unit for sure). No "player turn" switch.

celcion

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2016, 12:32:27 am »

I'm not sure. It's hard to tell when save was done after it's already happened. Loading that save state on patched version had the same effect as for original so I need to compare it when it's about to happen and then analyze what went wrong.

All I can say for now is that I didn't change any ingame related code related to this, so I'm suspecting that it's like original game's working.
Or some weird emulation bug.
Anyway, pressing B will let you continue.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 03:38:48 am by celcion »

cccmar

• View Profile
    • Nebulous Translations site
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2016, 03:42:50 am »

It does appear in the original Japanese version too, mostly before certain story cutscenes. I don't know if it was meant to emphasize certain scenes, or whether it's just some issue with the game engine/emulation, but it happens in both versions.

mrrichard999

• So Goooood! :D
    • View Profile
    • GameFAQS Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2016, 05:46:40 am »
Nice work guys! I'll have to check this out  ;D

October 04, 2016, 05:47:33 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
yay... *sees ROM requirement* -_- really? dammit! now i have to go and download an entire friggin romset just to play a singe translation. >.<

NOINTRO this (sega genesis), NOINTRO that (snes), NOINTRO this (SMD). SO annoying.  :banghead: i'm not even sure where to find that particular romset for sega consoles anymore. i used to have the goodset romset but accidentally deleted it a while back. :/

If you have a goodset, you probably got the good rom already. Just check the hash with Hashtab :)

Gamerhenky

• Fire Emblem X Wizardry
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2016, 09:03:04 am »
@celcion: Why not just called it 1.01 for small update?

celcion

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2016, 09:04:38 am »
@celcion: Why not just called it 1.01 for small update?

I really hope that there wouldn't be that many updates. :-)

BlackDog61

• View Profile
    • Super Robot Wars A Portable translation thread
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2016, 06:22:50 pm »
It does appear in the original Japanese version too, mostly before certain story cutscenes. I don't know if it was meant to emphasize certain scenes, or whether it's just some issue with the game engine/emulation, but it happens in both versions.
Okay, looks like I can indeed get the game to continue and everything... Either I goofed or it was stuck at the time I tried (because of something emulated). Please consider this report closed!

Gamerhenky

• Fire Emblem X Wizardry
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2016, 03:35:55 am »
@celcion: Alright so after Vixen 357 and going its prequel, what about Star Cruiser?

celcion

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2016, 04:11:36 am »
@celcion: Alright so after Vixen 357 and going its prequel, what about Star Cruiser?

Still in the beta. Second public beta will be available soon right after reported problems will be fixed.
It's not a hacking related problems, it's the script that has to be fixed because of my limited English knowledge.
cccmar did a fantastic job on revamping it, but it's about 120 kilobytes of text so some small things should still be fixed. And result of all this fixes should be checked too because I don't see what I fix.

And as Star Cruiser doesn't require that much of attention from me, I could also work on other projects.

Recca

• Indignation!
    • View Profile
    • Dynamic-Designs
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2016, 11:42:27 pm »
What an amazing game! I can't believe that I hadn't heard of it until now. Thank you very much for releasing this translation. I've only played until the second mission so far, but I'm greatly enjoying it. Having being made by the same company that also created the Langrisser series, it really does have that same strategic SRPG feel to it. Also a bit like Galaxy Robo for the SNES.
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

Gamerhenky

• Fire Emblem X Wizardry
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2016, 10:14:48 am »
Just went playing on Scene 11 i saw there Commander Mikhail name is odd.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 10:26:23 am by Gamerhenky »

celcion

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2016, 11:13:05 am »
Just went playing on Scene 11 i saw there Commander Mikhail name is odd.

Say, you're pretty good with spotting some things like this. If you don't mind, we'll add you in our betatester list in the readme file and release the newer version when you done playing it.
Thanks!

Starscream

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2016, 07:34:48 pm »
Very nice to see more Sega stuff - and especially strategy games translated! There aren't that many left on the Genesis, but I find them fairly interesting.  I only recently finished Langrisser I and liked it very much, I'll probably try this as well in the future.

Gamerhenky

• Fire Emblem X Wizardry
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2016, 12:37:14 pm »
Are you kidding me? :laugh: It reminds me Kempf meme-level joke from the Fire Emblem Thracia 776 Shaya translation (In America!):

Jitor or Dieter?:

And also had the problem with BOWMAN name during end of the final scene.

UPDATE: :woot!: Version 1.2 is up :woot!:

Spoiler:

Check this out for more pics: http://pic.twitter.com/aobMkossxA
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 10:06:44 am by Gamerhenky »

Gunlord500

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2016, 05:11:20 pm »
Hi there! Sorry for popping in (this is my first post here and I got an account *just* for this), but I wanted to thank Celcion and the rest of the team for translating Vixen 357. You guys probably don't know me, but I've loved this game since I was a kid--I loved it so much that I played all the way through it in Japanese, despite barely understanding the language! It really has a lot of sentimental value to me, it's one of the only ones I liked enough to create a FAQ for. Indeed, if anyone does recognize me, my walkthrough for the game on GameFAQs will probably be how, haha! It's so gratifying to finally be able to understand what I'm playing. I really appreciate this, and all your hard work, thank you all so much! <3

celcion

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2016, 07:36:27 am »
Game manual translation is ready.
Can be downloaded here.
Enjoy. :-)

goldenband

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2016, 01:33:16 pm »
^That is wonderful. :D Having a manual like that makes such a difference in experiencing a game -- understanding the context, knowing what you're supposed to know upfront and what you're supposed to figure out on your own. Many thanks to all involved!