News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Armored Core Balance / Patch Mod?  (Read 6143 times)

ACmod

• View Profile
Re: Armored Core Balance / Patch Mod?
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2016, 09:59:45 pm »
I'm finding a lot of results for "0329" in 006cc000.bnd, but none in the other 3 files you mentioned. How many of them did you change? All of them? Doing find and replace nets 354 instances in just that file alone.

After that, I'm following you well up until this step:
2) Decompress the "6cc000" file (need the 25553321 number for this step)
Decompress which file, using what? By "6cc000" I assume you mean "006cc000.bnd". In that  case, I don't understand why it needs to be further decompressed, wasn't it already decompressed in the dumped folder?

In either case, this is what I'm doing:

I made no changes to the python script, and I have the following in the same folder:

AC.BIN (unmodified original one)
AC.orig (copy of AC.BIN, unmodified)
006cc000.bnd (modified version)
aclr_test_patcher.py

I then run aclr_test_patcher.py and I get this error:

Code: [Select]
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\user\Desktop\ACLR ISO Project\aclr_test_patcher.py", line 24, in <module>
    subprocess.run(['xdelta', '-d', '-s', tempfilename, '006cc000.xdelta', patched])
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'run'
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 12:31:51 am by ACmod »

flame

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2016, 12:15:43 am »
There's a lot of stuff in 6cc000. It's a 48MB file.
I suggest searching for CR-H69S, which is the name of the 1st head part. If you are not finding it, switch encoding to Windows 1252 and try again.
With me so far? OK, now go 0x100 forwards from there and there is the AP value.

When you use Cheat Engine you just need to worry about the value that you're searching for. Cheat Engine coverts that value into the appropriate type of number depending on the search type you have selected, then searches for that value.

When you use a hex editor though, that all goes out the window. 0x329, yes, but little endian means LSB (least significant byte) first so the value you need is 29 03. When you use Cheat Engine, Cheat Engine is doing that conversion and you don't need to worry about it. When programming you might not have to worry about it either depending on the situation. You also need to worry about whether your value is byte, halfword or word. For example, 809 in halfword is 29 03 but in word it's 00 00 29 03.

It looks like 6cc000 has descriptions in Japanese so I guess you won't need to worry about it.

ACmod

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2016, 12:38:08 am »
EDIT: Success!

I was having trouble getting it to show up in the garage (but not gameplay) and figured out that you had modified a line in the JP dat file, I patched using your files, did a binary comparison, and then figured out I needed to search for the same context around 2903 in the JP dat file and found what you changed.

I'll try to edit some more values and I'll update or PM with questions, but I'm assuming that all part stats are stored in those same "blocks" of data following the name of each part, so if I have trouble messing with a stat, I can probably trial-and-error my way through it. I did some more searches and figured out how to edit part descriptions now, also, so that should help in case I change the stat in a way that makes the description inaccurate.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 06:31:00 am by ACmod »