News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: SkullMonkey's mod  (Read 1186 times)

briziant

• View Profile
SkullMonkey's mod
« on: September 03, 2016, 11:00:22 pm »
So I've got an older kind of niche game called Skullmonkeys. I'm trying to do some simple text editing and some other things like loading screen editing and some simple stuff like that. I'm not really looking for someone to do all the work for me per se, (unless they really wanted to) but maybe someone who could get on something like Skype or something similar and talk with me about how to go about what I'm looking to do with the game.

I've got all the files and I've been able to successfully rip the audio and video out of the game, but not much else. I'm trying to get this done for a friends birthday coming up real soon around Halloween. So any help anyone could give with be greatly appreciated.

As for contact information you can contact me at humphrybryant(at)gmail(dot)com

(P.S. any suggestions to put this as a help wanted ad are of no use, I started out there and the post got flagged for the same exact text that's on this post)

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

briziant

• View Profile
Re: SkullMonkey's mod
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2016, 01:54:13 am »
Your reply looks abit automated, but nevertheless.
I had looked through a bunch of that stuff already, before I had made my initial post. Like my initial post states I have already had success ripping the audio and video out of the game, but was looking to do some actual game editing.

Depending on how I try to open the game files up I either get a HUGE .BLB file, or I get a rom dump with some of the videos and a big audio file and another big file of what I'm assume is all of the assets.

BlackDog61

• View Profile
    • Super Robot Wars A Portable translation thread
Re: SkullMonkey's mod
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2016, 02:14:27 pm »
Jorpho's answer is not automated - it's just the first logical answer to many topics started like this one.

I suppose you're referring to the PS1 installment?
What do you mean "depending on the way you open the ROM file"? If you have a CD image, you mount it, and you see its contents.

What text extraction / searching techniques have you tried?
How?

(These are point which the links pointed by Jorpho mandate as being part of a smartly asked topic for this kind of forum. so I think he's still right to post them.)