News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Metroid 2 remake released.  (Read 16595 times)

tvtoon

• View Profile
Metroid 2 remake released.
« on: August 06, 2016, 06:42:54 pm »
Good experience, great game, get it while the C&D is not coming! :D

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
Re: Metroid 2 remake released.
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2016, 08:39:50 pm »
Holy cow, it finally finished!?

First Sonic Mania, and now this!  What's next?  Card Sagas Wars?  Indiana Jones and the Fountain of Youth?  Night of the Meteor?  Super Mario Fusion Revival (or whatever they're calling it now) ?

Ordinarily I wouldn't start playing something like this until the next version, but oh yes, I'm downloading this now before the C&D comes along.
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

MathUser2929

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2016, 09:26:00 pm »
I'd like to see a youtube video or pics. I didn't get far in M2 so I don't think I'll play this. It's good to see it made it to 1.0 tho.

Axiphel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2016, 06:09:14 am »
Looks and plays great so far!

Gamerhenky

• Fire Emblem X Wizardry
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 03:01:02 pm by Gamerhenky »

MisterJones

• :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2016, 02:43:34 am »
It definitely feels like the zero mission take on metroid 2. Loads of great changes and keeps the spirit of the original to a degree. It misses a bit of the atosphere, but gameplay wise its top notch
_-|-_

justin3009

• Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2016, 09:52:20 am »
It's honestly a brilliant fan remake. Beat this bugger in one sitting. The gameplay is practically flawless and it feels just like Metroid. They did a fantastic job!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 02:42:37 pm by justin3009 »
'We have to find some way to incorporate the general civilians in the plot.'

'We'll kill off children in the Juuban district with an infection where they cough up blood and are found hanging themselves from cherry blossom trees.'

Spooniest

• Kuru zotsu!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2016, 10:20:12 am »
Message to Nintendo
Re: Metroid's 30th Anniversary

C/O RHDN

You can't keep a good space hunter down.

Samus Aran
Yamero~~!

stuffgnome

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2016, 04:34:45 pm »
Too bad the source was not released along with the executable, the Linux version never even made it out.

Sliver X

• der Wille zur Macht
    • View Profile
    • Panicus - A Fragment of Memory
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2016, 08:01:35 pm »
Too bad the source was not released along with the executable, the Linux version never even made it out.

About an hour of my save game was logged running it on my Linux laptop under Wine. I had absolutely no issues.

jink640

• From nuggets to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2016, 08:23:02 pm »
YES! YES! YES! I got it before it was shut down. oh wait..... Im not even a fan of metroid  :(

resq

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2016, 09:33:03 pm »
not a fan of Metroid? begone thou unholiest of impersonators! :P
Come with me if you want to live.

VicVergil

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2016, 10:01:18 pm »
Look https://seafoamgaming.com/2016/08/07/noa-isnt-your-enemy-regarding-the-am2r-takedown/

(I don't know if Nintento are doing that)  :banghead:

UPDATE: Good Lord (AM2R is down).

Major gaming sites giving needless exposure to legally grey fan projects for clicks. Said articles often dwell on the legal aspect, even reaching for the companies "for comment" to cement the point. Fan-translations get some hatred on the virtue of being accurate and not changing stuff unlike localizations and thus "dry" and undeserving existence. Project gets taken down with a C&D. Articles about the C&D drama and more clicks. Even better are the ones where they go "but why take down this when you missed that other fan project too?" Rinse and repeat.

However by now many have caught on to this charade. Super Metroid Fusion's author when he got the unwanted coverage just went in hiding mode for a few months, site closed, project on hold and all... then after a while resumes working on it. Now there's articles about how Nintendo never took down fan projects before, and calling everyone calling them out on harming the project with such exposure.

To deny the project takedown as it's ongoing is a new low, to be honest.

Idkbutlike2

• Beer Chozo
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2016, 12:30:38 am »
Got the game one minute one and beat on day one. Fantastic remake. Sucks that Nintendo had to give it the axe.

Kallisto

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2016, 02:50:27 am »
Angered as I have been all night about this, but I hope one day justice will be served.

Axiphel

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2016, 08:53:25 am »
If anyone needs it just remember help will always be offered to those who ask for it. ;)

CM30

• View Profile
    • Gaming Reinvented (in beta testing)
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2016, 11:01:10 am »
Major gaming sites giving needless exposure to legally grey fan projects for clicks. Said articles often dwell on the legal aspect, even reaching for the companies "for comment" to cement the point. Fan-translations get some hatred on the virtue of being accurate and not changing stuff unlike localizations and thus "dry" and undeserving existence. Project gets taken down with a C&D. Articles about the C&D drama and more clicks. Even better are the ones where they go "but why take down this when you missed that other fan project too?" Rinse and repeat.

However by now many have caught on to this charade. Super Metroid Fusion's author when he got the unwanted coverage just went in hiding mode for a few months, site closed, project on hold and all... then after a while resumes working on it. Now there's articles about how Nintendo never took down fan projects before, and calling everyone calling them out on harming the project with such exposure.

To deny the project takedown as it's ongoing is a new low, to be honest.

As someone who runs a gaming site... I know what you mean here. A lot of sites do tend to hype the hell out of an ongoing project and risk it getting shut down and all that.

But that's kind of why I'm kind of cautious when I cover these games. If it's a project that's less than about 50% complete, I likely won't post an article about it. There are exceptions, but in those cases (like if I personally know the game's creator), I'll avoid mentioning it to the likes pf GoNintendo and My Nintendo News as well, and not post it on Reddit either. This stops the mainstream media going nuts over the games.

It's also why for my own works, I pretty much don't seek any attention until they're complete. The odd video (like on fan sites and stuff), sure. But I know that if it gets too heavily advertised, it'll get too much coverage on sites like Kotaku or IGN or what not and cause potential issues down the road.
Like Wario?  If so, check out Wario Forums today!

Similarly, want to test a new gaming site?  Check out Gaming Reinvented! Now in beta!

Gamerhenky

• Fire Emblem X Wizardry
    • View Profile
    • My Website

Spooniest

• Kuru zotsu!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2016, 05:07:46 pm »
Perhaps Nintendo is thinking they have a fan-pleasing move up their sleeve after all?

Not ordering a Cease and Desist, but issuing a takedown notice?

Doesn't something seem odd about this to anyone else?
Yamero~~!

Seihen

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2016, 06:04:36 pm »
Perhaps Nintendo is thinking they have a fan-pleasing move up their sleeve after all?

Not ordering a Cease and Desist, but issuing a takedown notice?

Doesn't something seem odd about this to anyone else?

What would be the point of a C&D? The project is already finished.