Holy freaking shit azulo!!!
That drawing is amazing!
I can tell you for sure I'll be using that one for her portrait.
If you let me of course.
I love your artstyle, very reminiscent of Kojima's!
I'd love to see more of your work for sure
Haha thanks for that reaction! That's the best part of getting a drawing done.
Well it wouldn't be fair to call it *my* artstyle, since I was intentionally copying Kojima's on this one, but I'm glad you loved it. You can see more of my stuff on either my tumblr
(name on both: acediez
)... though they've been both abandoned for more than a year (been stuck on a huge project for awhile
). For more style mimicking, check my Mega Man stuff.
I'll be implementing the portraits we have to the ROM this week and hopefully we might have a 1.0 patch for DoS soon enough! (With static portraits per character for all dialogue that is)
That's exactly what I wanted to ask. I figured with Celia done, all the static portraits are covered, and a test first release could be the next step... (still room for improvement, but it'd be nice to see in-game what we got so far.)
I'm excited! This is one of the dream projects I wished I had the skill to do. I'm happy to contribute with art and finally have it done as a team effort
So count on me to go with this project all the way, both DoS and PoR with whatever characters we need new art for. But I won't work on the portrait variations. I really stand by my opinion that this should be, first and foremost, a "static portraits" deal. I know you said you plan to do both, but I'd really just focus on getting a base "static portraits" for both games before even considering seriously tackling all the variations.
- Maybe it's just me... and I know it's gonna sound bad (I'd really hate to sound like I don't value other people's work)... But, as I said on an earlier post, I do think that "face editing" over official art looks cheap. Not that there hasn't been some great efforts on this thread... I just think that even the best of them won't look right next to actual official art, if only because you can recognize immediately exactly what's been done at a glance.
- To get GOOD portrait variations, there should be complete art done for each and every one of them. It's never just the face... the whole pose has to move. Just look at the Order of Ecclesia ones that were posted earlier on this thread.
- That said, I don't think it's realistic to have the huge amount of art needed. Just go to the first post and see how many of them are. (Even if I stick around, I can only do so much. I don't think I can do more than one per week, I can't drop my non-hobbie projects.) Of course, this could change if more artists show up, but I wouldn't count on it...
- So this is, by far, what would take the most amount of work! And yet, it could be considered entirely optional...
What I propose instead.
- Let's do a hell of a good DoS patch with only the static faces. Sure, I can give Dmitri and Dario a try, and help you edit the one's that still need work. Head-scale issues, edit the one's that need editing to make them all look good next to each other... Whatever.
- When DoS is finished, I'd move right to PoR and do the same thing, the best "static faces" patch we can do. (Again, based on official art first, and new art for characters missing secondly).
- And THEN, only THEN, ---if there's still energy, people, and willingness to go on---... take on the portraits variations for either game. Who knows, maybe getting the first version(s) out helps to get the word out, catch more artists' attention?
I insist on this because I know (I KNOW) it's a lot of work to get art done at a "official artwork standard" so everything looks right together, even a single piece. So I'd just focus on the portraits that count the most.
September 15, 2016, 02:49:29 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
You should hold off on the 1.0 till she can draw more. I'd like to see Hammer without that blotch on his forehead.
That's not an issue with the drawing, it's based on official art. It's an issue with the transition to a limited pallete. Just needs a bit of tweaking...
By the way, what's the color limit per portrait? How do I set it up so I know I'm doing something that can be inserted in the game?
I kept editing my shrunk down Celia, but I decided to stop since I still don't know what kind of color limit to set up