News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Harvest Moon 64 Walls Are 3D Models or 2D Textures?  (Read 1780 times)

goodeddie

• View Profile
Harvest Moon 64 Walls Are 3D Models or 2D Textures?
« on: August 03, 2016, 12:50:34 pm »
Hello!

I know that Harvest Moon 64 uses 2D sprites for the characters and animals and some of the other objects like the TV antenna but what about the walls inside houses? Are the walls 2D as well? I can't seem to rip textures that look isometric like them. Does that mean they are models?

August 03, 2016, 07:55:32 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
I just did some research and found out something important.

Most N64 games are 3D and use 3D modeling and textures. I'm pretty sure that Harvest Moon 64 houses and walls and the floor is done with modeling. That's why they don't show up as sprites.

What I'm going to actually do is make my own sprites. Since the angle of the game rarely changes, I can do this easily. This is essentially taking a 3D game and making it into a 2D game that looks 3D.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 07:55:32 pm by goodeddie »

Shadow0144

• View Profile
Re: Harvest Moon 64 Walls Are 3D Models or 2D Textures?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2016, 10:51:16 am »
I responded in your private message, but I might as well post here it too:

Yes, some models are 3D. This can most easily be seen by rotating the farm map. Not everything is 3D though. People, animals, vegetables, etc are all just 2D with some kind of sprite sheet.