News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Phrases Help  (Read 1666 times)

Romsstar

• View Profile
Phrases Help
« on: July 19, 2016, 08:20:34 am »
 Has anyone ever encountered the phrase "プッツン来て爆走よ"? I can't really make any sense of it. While プッツン is like losing control,snapping, going nuts... I can't think of what 爆走 is supposed to mean in this context and even less what it's supposed to mean all together
The speaker is in a hurry and looking for someone who presumably stormed off and went kinda crazy about it.

Also
どーしたもこーしたも\nないわヨォ!
I know roughly what this one's supposed to mean but would
"For crying out loud! Now's not the time for details!" be an acceptable translation?

Finally:
"だからいっぱいデジモンと会いたい!
"それにはコロシアムが最適ィ!
なんつって…
コロシアムにきたのはいーけど!

the なんつって… in this context is really puzzling me... I found definitions like
"冗談で言ってみたことを後から弁解する語" or "なんちゃって" for it, but none seems to fit in this context.

Help is much appreciated. I think I'm just tired but I need to get these ones finished xd

flame

• View Profile

ckrit

• View Profile
Re: Phrases Help
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2016, 10:15:24 pm »
For the 「なんつって…」, how about "Just kidding..."?

Romsstar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2016, 11:49:32 am »
Internet power, go!!!  ;D
http://jisho.org/word/%E3%81%A9%E3%81%86%E3%81%97%E3%81%9F%E3%82%82%E3%81%93%E3%81%86%E3%81%97%E3%81%9F%E3%82%82%E3%81%AA%E3%81%84
http://thesaurus.weblio.jp/content/%E3%81%AA%E3%82%93%E3%81%A4%E3%81%A3%E3%81%A6

It is an exasperated girl, I would translate it just like もう

I appreciate the effort but I can use the internet you know :(
I was hoping someone with experience would give me some pointers

For the 「なんつって…」, how about "Just kidding..."?
-> like I said : I  found definitions like "冗談で言ってみたことを後から弁解する語" or "なんちゃって" for it, but none seems to fit in this context.
Just kidding doesn't fit into the context of this translation. If you take the other dialogue I posted into account you will notice.

I can use jisho, weblio and kotobank on my own, thank you. As you can see I knew already of those definitions as well.
I'm still puzzled about the "プッツン来て爆走よ"..

Please anyone, help? :)

July 24, 2016, 07:56:23 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Bump. I could use some help with this guys. Please :)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 07:56:23 am by Romsstar »

Euclid

• View Profile
    • Parallel Worlds
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2016, 06:40:00 am »
It's really hard not being a native speaker, but i'll give it a go.

With プッツン来て爆走よ, it's probably easier if you can provide the sentence before it? Because without context I think it could just be the guy grumbling about the lack of help. 爆走 could really just be him wanting to expel his frustration (roar? perhaps - google translate seem to agree with me there).

どーしたもこーしたも\nないわヨォ!
My understanding is this sentence is those ー really is う to emphasis the annoyedness of the person speaking - what you have there is fine.

Last one:
なんつって… given the person was praising Colosseum with katakana emphasis 最適ィ in the previous sentence, my take on the 3 sentences is something like the following:

だからいっぱいデジモンと会いたい! lots of Digimon you can meet!
それにはコロシアムが最適ィ! Colosseum is the most awesome (place?) (emphasis on awesome)
なんつって…  just kidding
コロシアムにきたのはいーけど!  but Colosseum is still good spot (to find Digimon?)

Basically she (?) is trying to play down the 2 line made as a joke (冗談で言って) - and the 4th line is the proper explanation (弁解する語)

Again don't take my translations to your work as I have no context of Digimon at all, but hopefully you get the idea on the translation meaning.

Romsstar

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2016, 12:05:43 pm »
It's really hard not being a native speaker, but i'll give it a go.

With プッツン来て爆走よ, it's probably easier if you can provide the sentence before it? Because without context I think it could just be the guy grumbling about the lack of help. 爆走 could really just be him wanting to expel his frustration (roar? perhaps - google translate seem to agree with me there).

どーしたもこーしたも\nないわヨォ!
My understanding is this sentence is those ー really is う to emphasis the annoyedness of the person speaking - what you have there is fine.

Last one:
なんつって… given the person was praising Colosseum with katakana emphasis 最適ィ in the previous sentence, my take on the 3 sentences is something like the following:

だからいっぱいデジモンと会いたい! lots of Digimon you can meet!
それにはコロシアムが最適ィ! Colosseum is the most awesome (place?) (emphasis on awesome)
なんつって…  just kidding
コロシアムにきたのはいーけど!  but Colosseum is still good spot (to find Digimon?)

Basically she (?) is trying to play down the 2 line made as a joke (冗談で言って) - and the 4th line is the proper explanation (弁解する語)

Again don't take my translations to your work as I have no context of Digimon at all, but hopefully you get the idea on the translation meaning.

Actually that bit about the Colosseum now totally makes sense in the concept of the story! She wants to put emphasis on the fact, that for THEM the colosseum is the best place (because they are ranked no 1 there) but they don't want us to know, so she plays down the fact, that they actually frequent the Colosseum and are ranked Nr.1 There. Wow, it was staing at me the whole time.
Thank you!

The sentences before that problematic one are like this:
あの子、いっぱいのデジモンみて\nキャッキャなりすぎて…   But when that kid saw all the Digimon here she got totally excited.
ぶっとんでっちゃったの!\n文字どーり!   She freaked out. Literally.
どういうこと?   What do you mean?
だから!\nプッツン来て爆走よ!   

I think you might be right about the grumbling about the lack of help, but how to translate it in a feasible sense?