Before I explain what just happened to me, I want everyone to know, I have the Rom BACKED UP and safe so no one panic!
You ever have a moment when a rom just gets on your nerves and you basically start pounding the laptop because the Hex Editor just won't do what you want it to?
Well I finally got fed up and copied all of the hex code from the beta to the remake from the header to the address 5000.
It spite to make this rom do what I want. (After hours of fighting with the debugger.)
I figured there are only so many ways to program a rom so I will eventually tap into something useful.
Well, I almost had a heart attack after completing the spite work because it actually worked!
The crappy part is I over shot the code and ended up crashing the game.
Which is why I mentioned the BACK UP earlier. So I simply undid the code transfer.
But DAMN! I was so CLOSE!
I can't believe it actually worked. I just have to find the right regions to prevent any collateral damage.
I'm talking timer removed, Complete HUD, Hearts and Life bars fixed. Only thing that accidentally happened was the word
"Entrance" came in. Which is expected because it was copied over too.
Here is a screen shot of what happened. I am going to continue experimenting.