News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: What. are you playing?  (Read 21442 times)

Teeporage777

• rom hacker of mario games
    • View Profile
Re: What. are you playing?
« Reply #80 on: July 24, 2017, 10:09:10 pm »
lol. Tales of Graces f was such a great game. one of my favorite tales. I never played bravely default shamefully
"..But it doesn't matter. Nothing matters anymore.."

Spooniest

• Kuru zotsu!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 25, 2017, 03:51:56 am »
lol. Tales of Graces f was such a great game. one of my favorite tales. I never played bravely default shamefully

I'm very fond of Phantasia myself. I never have played Bravely Default either, though I've heard many good things about it.

After 30 bajillion years, I finally got a gamboy (pocket) for the first time. No backlight hah, you kids and your backlights

I got Super Marioland yesterday for it, and have been playing that, and kind of sucking at it.

Edit: Pics or it didn't happen:

« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 03:57:45 am by Spooniest »
Yamero~~!

Bahamut ZERO

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 25, 2017, 12:41:35 pm »
Was playing the same just last night, works much better than the Wii version I used to play as well, I think maybe the HUD status toggle is new too.

Last night I was playing and got a stack error lol. I think it was because I had fought multiple big bosses within a short period of time.

Back when I had it on PSP, I never really got too far into it. I didn't know there were artiifacts until I started playing through on 3DS yesterday haha.
Like Super Mario Land? Then you'll love my first completed Rom Hack: Maniac on the Run!

SleepyFist

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 25, 2017, 02:14:41 pm »
I actually finished it back then, best part is when
Spoiler:
Every enemy in the game starts zeroing in on your position at once
, I actually cleared every enemy from the map which isn't that hard when you reach max levels, but didn't get every room marked as explored, iirc there might have been an alt ending I missed because of that, thanks for the heads up about the bug too, I'll probably save every couple boss rooms just to be safe.

KaioShin

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
    • The Romhacking Aerie
« Reply #84 on: July 25, 2017, 03:30:22 pm »
I never played bravely default shamefully

Don't be ashamed. You'll enjoy it 70% of the way but then you'll turn into this guy:

Spare yourself.
All my posts are merely personal opinions and not statements of fact, even if they are not explicitly prefixed by "In my opinion", "IMO", "I believe", or similar modifiers. By reading this disclaimer you agree to reply in spirit of these conditions.

Teeporage777

• rom hacker of mario games
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 26, 2017, 08:12:43 pm »
I'm very fond of Phantasia myself. I never have played Bravely Default either, though I've heard many good things about it.

After 30 bajillion years, I finally got a gamboy (pocket) for the first time. No backlight hah, you kids and your backlights

I got Super Marioland yesterday for it, and have been playing that, and kind of sucking at it.

Edit: Pics or it didn't happen:

Awesome man. I actually never played phantasia which is on my list to play soon for sure.

July 26, 2017, 08:15:36 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Don't be ashamed. You'll enjoy it 70% of the way but then you'll turn into this guy:

Spare yourself.
i see, i prolly will skip it for a while at least until i finish the lot of projects i have going on. (sorry for the double post)
"..But it doesn't matter. Nothing matters anymore.."

SleepyFist

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 30, 2017, 11:02:33 am »
On top of everything else I'm now playing Katawa Shoujo and Infinite Undiscovery.

Katawa Shoujo is so much better than I was expecting too, I was lured in by the prospect of funny antics from paranoid lunatic Kenji, but stayed for the surprising character depth and moral quandaries.

Infinite Undiscovery is okay so far, definitely not made for an SD screen, can barely read anything thanks to tiny fonts, makes it kind of a bitch to know what I'm supposed to be doing, a problem it shares with the Dragon Age games.

Recca

• Indignation!
    • View Profile
    • Dynamic-Designs
Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #87 on: July 30, 2017, 11:32:34 am »
I'm playing the Fire Emblem: Requiem fan hack right now. It's a lot of fun, like The Last Promise was. Not quite as much custom editing regarding the music and graphics as that one, but at least it seems a bit easier. The last boss in The Last Promise was almost impossible to beat, so I at least hope that Requiem is better balanced in regards to whoever or whatever the last boss will be.

After that, I'm looking forward to playing the Shadowrun trilogy (Returns, Dragonfall and Hong Kong). I hope they're as good as the SNES and Genesis titles were. Interesting note, the person who made this trilogy actually got donated funds from fans on Kickstarter. Turns out he actually was a fan of the two original Shadowrun games during the 90s, so that should be a good thing.

On another note, has anyone ever played the Risen and Gothic/Arcania series? If you're into open world gaming with non-linear gameplay and tons of options for customization, exploring and even the story branching into different paths, then I would definitely recommend that you try it out. I've had a lot of fun with it.
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

Starcat

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 08, 2017, 10:46:46 am »
Nothing yet. But since I've bought a copy of Tales of Phantasia for the GBA second hand, I've been reading up on the localization issues. I've wondered why a event called a Kangaroo was a plot point.

I'm trying to figure out if I can run a ps1 version on my hacked PS Vita.

SleepyFist

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 19, 2017, 08:43:42 pm »
Sonic Mania and Radiant Historia, I'm really enjoying RH more than I thought I would and it has a pretty cool artstyle, hoping for cleaned up 3d backgrounds in the new version though.