News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: What. are you playing?  (Read 22327 times)

Spooniest

• Kuru zotsu!!
    • View Profile
Re: What. are you playing?
« Reply #60 on: June 20, 2017, 02:47:27 pm »
The shiken patsu bakumatsu hatsu datsu chapter??? Are you seeeeriuos??? How did you even manage--!

...Ahem, I've been playing Project II by my bro Vivify93 a lot...and FF6 in every version I can find it because I just 'Can't Get Enough'...it's late, and I want Mog, Umaro's gonna break me in two, There's an elixir by the doorway, if you push on the switch, you get two...

Oh that's right, I 100%'d Rondo of Blood English Version by Burnt Lasagna
I am really flighty lately, sorry :crazy:
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 02:54:35 pm by Spooniest »
Yamero~~!

KaioShin

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
    • The Romhacking Aerie
« Reply #61 on: June 20, 2017, 03:05:05 pm »
Haven't played any video games in 2 weeks now (not counting some smartphone gaming while sitting on the crapper :P). I had played two full rounds of Stellaris before and that was a bit too much and just burned me out.
I also finally found a table top gaming group and had first games of Infinity. And with Wh40k 8th edition being around the corner I spent most of my free time the last two weeks very motivatedly assembling and painting miniatures. It was a refreshing change of pace.

Starting this weekend I'll have two weeks vacation, still not sure what to play then / if anything. Maybe I'll just do a two weeks painting marathon (after which I'm probably burned out of that for half a year...)
All my posts are merely personal opinions and not statements of fact, even if they are not explicitly prefixed by "In my opinion", "IMO", "I believe", or similar modifiers. By reading this disclaimer you agree to reply in spirit of these conditions.

SleepyFist

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 20, 2017, 05:45:30 pm »
Haven't settled on anything after Persona 5, most consistently playing Fire Emblem Awakening and Minecraft again.

I'm replaying the SBURBcraft map on Minecraft with the Falling Meteorites mod, Dimensional Doors, AdventureCraft, and Balkon's Weaponmod,
I'm also setting difficulty to hard (Like a Huss) and reset the map after every two deaths.

Bonesy

• Dog is God, God is Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 21, 2017, 06:22:56 pm »
Lot of random stuff but mostly 7th Dragon III and New Vegas.

Queen Zeal

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 09, 2017, 07:15:37 pm »
I'm playing Pixel Dungeon- It's rogue lite exploring a dungeon game.
And Kyofu no sekai or World of Horror. It's inspired by Junio Ito's horror manga. It's set in 198x, and elder gods are causing strange things to happen. You investigate and try to solve the case. it's really fun and odd.

Disch

• NES Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 14, 2017, 12:09:06 am »
I just picked up Friday the 13th: The Game.  I'm not usually an online-only player -- in fact I typically hate online play... plus this game is glitchy as hell, but it's surprisingly fun.

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 14, 2017, 01:07:06 am »
I've been playing a lot of Golden Axe Warrior for the Master System lately. I never really played that system before. GAW is a very good Zelda clone. In fact, I think it's actually a lot better than the original Zelda, which I am quite fond of.
Cigarettes, ice-cream, figurines of the Virgin Mary...

Spooniest

• Kuru zotsu!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2017, 06:16:29 am »
FF7, FF6, FF1, Chrono Trigger. Bought Adventures of Mana yesterday, started a new game of FF Adventure because I have yet to buy the Vita on which I will play it proper.
Yamero~~!

SleepyFist

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 17, 2017, 06:09:57 pm »
This week I'm playing the first three Paper Mario games for the first time, Paper Mario 64 (Wii VC), TTYD(disc), Super Paper Mario(USBloaderGX).
Really enjoying the music in the first game so far, battles are okay, better characterization than most Mario games, I also especially love this version of Bowser.

KaioShin

• View Profile
    • The Romhacking Aerie
« Reply #69 on: July 18, 2017, 12:33:27 am »
Playing FFXII Zodiac Age on PS4.

The new soundtrack arrangement is very high quality. The voice overs are, however, definitely not. They still sound like they were recorded in a motel toilet and encoded to 32kbit/s mp3s. I wonder if they didn't have the untouched master recordings anymore or if they just didn't give a shit.
All my posts are merely personal opinions and not statements of fact, even if they are not explicitly prefixed by "In my opinion", "IMO", "I believe", or similar modifiers. By reading this disclaimer you agree to reply in spirit of these conditions.

cccmar

• View Profile
    • Nebulous Translations site
« Reply #70 on: July 18, 2017, 01:57:41 am »
I've almost finished Surging Aura. Played it a long time ago in French, and now that my Japanese is good enough I decided to give it a go in the original language. It's alright, although the encounter rate could be lower. It also seems very short for a 16-bit RPG (I'm in the final area after only 5 h or so), but this could be either a bad thing or a good thing, depending on what you're looking for in JRPGs. The locations are rather small as well. Either way, I guess it's not too bad overall.

pianohombre

• View Profile
    • My personal website of short stories and comics
« Reply #71 on: July 18, 2017, 02:13:29 am »
Resident Evil 6 New Game Plus. Replaying as Christopher. Already beat as Leon.
Sleeping Dogs. Great game although it looks like it's pretty short. Too bad they canceled SD2.
Megaman: Wily Wars. Already beat 1&2. Just need to beat Wily's Castle in part 3 to unlock a secret castle.
"Programming in itself is beauty,
whether or not the operating system actually functions." - Linus Torvalds

Spooniest

• Kuru zotsu!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 18, 2017, 06:34:54 am »
Quote from: KaioShin
I wonder if they didn't have the untouched master recordings anymore or if they just didn't give a shit.

The latter, I'll wager.

I've been playing Megaman 1 a lot lately. It didn't really make much of an impact when it first came out (MM2 did though), but I've always enjoyed it. When I first played, I still recall that I chose Fire Man's stage. It wasn't easy but I eventually beat him. :D The good old days.
Yamero~~!

Mari42

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 19, 2017, 03:00:05 pm »
I recently playing Dragon Warrior I (first time), Ninja Gaiden (1st time), SMB3, SMB2, SMB, Castlevanina (1st time), FF1, FF2, and FF3.

pianohombre

• View Profile
    • My personal website of short stories and comics
« Reply #74 on: July 21, 2017, 05:54:05 am »
Spooniest,
first time I played MM2 I didn't realize the atomic fire could be charged up. Took me 5 or 6 times to play through Woodman's stage. For how much everyone claims that MM2 is easiest in the series I had some trouble at the end. I already depleted nearly all my weapons by the time I got to Wily so it was a bit frustrating. Though nothing as difficult as MM7. Had to redo the boss rush several times until I bought several energy tanks and weapon tanks from Auto.
"Programming in itself is beauty,
whether or not the operating system actually functions." - Linus Torvalds

Spooniest

• Kuru zotsu!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 24, 2017, 08:14:11 am »
Spooniest,
first time I played MM2 I didn't realize the atomic fire could be charged up. Took me 5 or 6 times to play through Woodman's stage. For how much everyone claims that MM2 is easiest in the series I had some trouble at the end. I already depleted nearly all my weapons by the time I got to Wily so it was a bit frustrating.

Bubble Lead ('leed') was the only weapon that would work on him and not heal him instantly to full, yeah. What the actual F, MM2 team?

Though nothing as difficult as MM7. Had to redo the boss rush several times until I bought several energy tanks and weapon tanks from Auto.

The last boss is an asshole too. If you don't save 4 e tanks you'll have a really tough time beating him until you develop some serious reflexes and pattern recognition reactions.

Hm, is today a FF7 day? Or do I want to go old school and work on Gurgu Volcano some more? Choices. :-\
Yamero~~!

Bahamut ZERO

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 24, 2017, 04:03:34 pm »
Been playing the 3DS homebrew port of Meritous. I used to play this all the time on the PSP - the version I'm playing now is much more stable, and it doesn't feel like I'm murdering my handheld when I try to leave the game.  :beer:
Like Super Mario Land? Then you'll love my first completed Rom Hack: Maniac on the Run!

SleepyFist

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 24, 2017, 06:52:37 pm »
Been playing the 3DS homebrew port of Meritous. I used to play this all the time on the PSP - the version I'm playing now is much more stable, and it doesn't feel like I'm murdering my handheld when I try to leave the game.  :beer:

Was playing the same just last night, works much better than the Wii version I used to play as well, I think maybe the HUD status toggle is new too.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 06:58:21 pm by SleepyFist »

Teeporage777

• rom hacker of mario games
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 24, 2017, 08:50:46 pm »
xxxx smb...Been wanting to play Final Fantasy 8 again or maybe Tales Of Graces again.
"..But it doesn't matter. Nothing matters anymore.."

Bonesy

• Dog is God, God is Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 24, 2017, 10:05:50 pm »
wow thanks if i weren't doing drive cloning stuff on my computer now i'd want to go play some tales of graces f

i played some bravely default today