News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: What. are you playing?  (Read 22286 times)

resq

• View Profile
What. are you playing?
« on: June 23, 2016, 03:49:03 pm »
What. Do you even are you playing? Currently.

This is a thread to discuss games you are currently playing. If you even ever. (currently.)

PC games I currently have installed: Stalker MISERY 2.1, XRebirth, Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion, Portal Stories Mel.

Dolphin Gamecube: F-Zero GX

Then there's my whole MAME library and my whole console game library which the only ones I'm playing currently are on NES hardware: Final Fantasy Epica, Bionic Commando (still haven't beaten it >< )

What play you? Even do you??
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 11:36:48 pm by resq »
Come with me if you want to live.

FCandChill

• View Profile
###
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 04:33:02 pm »
Comment removed because reasons...
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 11:42:09 pm by FCandChill »

Disch

• NES Junkie
    • View Profile
Re: What. are you playing?
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 07:02:07 pm »
My focus bounces between XCom 2, Dark Souls 3, and Terraria

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2016, 07:06:57 pm »
Right now I'm trying to spend more time on PS1 and PS2 games (after a long stretch of SNES). I recently started playing Persona 2 EP and tried out Tales of Destiny. Both seem pretty cool (It's whoop-ass time!) but I also need to finish Odin Sphere (replaying), Persona 4, Threads of Fate and Legend of Mana. If I can borrow it from my friend I'll also be giving Castlevania 64 another run.
Cigarettes, ice-cream, figurines of the Virgin Mary...

SleepyFist

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2016, 07:09:14 pm »
I keep 3-4 in rotation, Right now Im playing Minecraft, Iji, Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, and Demonsteele.

Sliver X

• der Wille zur Macht
    • View Profile
    • Panicus - A Fragment of Memory
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2016, 08:11:57 pm »
Black Mesa and Odallus - The Dark Call on my PC, Hyper Iria (SNES) and Hellnight (PSX) on my phone and Tecmo Super Bowl on a real NES during lunch breaks with my coworkers.

jink640

• From nuggets to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2016, 08:51:02 pm »
Recently Odin Sphere Leifthrasir, GGXrd Revelator, Stardew Valley, and P3: FES. I have had this persona 3 game going on for more than a few years, but never finished this gem of a game. Only got 12 more days to go, with the aim of killing reaper. (80 hours playtime so far)

MisterJones

• :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2016, 11:28:06 am »
demons souls, dark souls 1 and dark souls 2 at the same time.
_-|-_

Snatcher

• Vereor Nox
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2016, 12:44:18 am »
Just started playing Legend of Heroes - Trails in the Sky. Got the first and second game on Steam. The battle system Isn't that great, but I'm enjoying the story so far, so that's all that matters. :)
"This is a work of fiction. If you find any relation to real people, events, or locations, then you are obviously on crack."
-Kishimoto Masashi

Bonesy

• Dog is God, God is Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2016, 01:04:52 am »
odds and ends, also fe fates birthright and zelda oracle of ages

Gideon Zhi

• Discord Staff
    • View Profile
    • Aeon Genesis
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2016, 03:19:21 am »
Finishing up Okage: Shadow King and starting up Knights of the Old Republic 2.

Azkadellia

• Forum Moderator
  • 提交向你的情妇!
    • View Profile
    • Princess Translations
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2016, 03:28:37 am »
Skyrim's been occupying a lot of my time.
Current Projects: On hold indefinitely.
I do the Twitter thing now: https://twitter.com/MistressSaeko (expect lots of game streaming announcements)
Mistress of the RHDN Discord server.

resq

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2016, 06:35:51 am »

Yea I downloaded that too when I got into Oblivion. I had no idea I would like Oblivion as much as I did. And the mods? WOW! It's going to take me about 20 hours just to sort through and install all the mods I want to use.

I'm still playing the vanilla game for now. Lvl. 20-something Nord thief - the freedom and gameplay is amazing and there is just way too much stuff to do. Enchanted items and customizing your clothes with magical stuff is pretty fun too. I have a castle, two houses and a pirate cave LOL
Come with me if you want to live.

Spooniest

• Kuru zotsu!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2016, 10:01:58 am »
Just got a Wii, and 8 NES games on the virtual console...

I believe yesterday I played Megaman and Metroid for a while.
Yamero~~!

Disch

• NES Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2016, 11:00:07 am »
Am I really the only one that plays XCom?   :P   I have to squee a bit, guys

XCom2 is one of my favorite all time games.  It's half TBS and half resource management, and is thematically awesome.

So like the first XCom is that you were an internationally sponsored force set up to fight off an alien invasion.  XCom2 starts under the assumption that you lost the first game, and now you're a rag-tag resistance force fighting off an alien occupation.

But the game is brutal.  It's like Dark Souls tier of punishing you for your mistakes.  Unlike Dark Souls, though, there are mechanics to make it easier if you want -- there's difficulty settings and it allows save scumming.

Random trailer to show the thematics/style:  https://youtu.be/ryOfZv0JjIg
Random let's play to show off TBS portion of gameplay:  https://youtu.be/6cjEDFEJbjo?t=6m20s

It's hard to really show off the resource management part of the game, as that's not something that interesting to watch.

Anyway yeah I highly recommend people check it out.

SleepyFist

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2016, 12:38:52 pm »
So like the first XCom is that you were an internationally sponsored force set up to fight off an alien invasion.  XCom2 starts under the assumption that you lost the first game, and now you're a rag-tag resistance force fighting off an alien occupation.

Even better, is that it is that way because so many people actually lost in the first game, that the devs decided to just carry on from the bad end instead.

"We realised that most players lost their initial playthrough of Enemy Unknown, and we realised there was an interesting and unique opportunity to have XCOM 2 begin with XCOM losing the invasion."

Anyway I haven't played XCOM extensively, I played a bit of a pirate copy of the original back in highschool, but lost pretty quickly and then went to play Radical Dreamers instead.

Disch

• NES Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2016, 12:53:35 pm »
Even better, is that it is that way because so many people actually lost in the first game, that the devs decided to just carry on from the bad end instead.

It makes sense.  The bad end leaves you with more of a setup to work with.  If they continued with the good ending of game 1... what would happen.  Would the aliens just try to invade again?  Pretty uninspired.

But yeah not a lot of games do that.  It's pretty awesome.  And it leads to a pretty great setting, which adds some neat gameplay mechanics.

Anyway I haven't played XCOM extensively, I played a bit of a pirate copy of the original back in highschool, but lost pretty quickly and then went to play Radical Dreamers instead.

The original original?  As in the DOS version with isometric graphics?  Or the reboot that came out just a few years back?

The original was also great, but had an incredibly steep learning curve, was riddled with bugs, and is pretty much completely overshadowed by the reboot.

Lilinda

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2016, 01:05:40 pm »

Since I boguht it for you, yeah. :P

Do you actually play anything else, girl? Holy shit. :P
Retired moderator/staff member as of July 14th 2016

KaioShin

• View Profile
    • The Romhacking Aerie
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2016, 03:17:58 pm »
Playing some Grand Kingdom (Vita). It's decent. Too much focus on online play I think. It feels like I have to participate in MP and/or grind generic generated missions to keep up with the level demands of the SP campaign. Once Zero Time Dilemma arrives I'll probably drop this one (I doubt I'll beat it before that).

Am I really the only one that plays XCom? 

http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php/topic,19149.msg298843.html#msg298843

All my posts are merely personal opinions and not statements of fact, even if they are not explicitly prefixed by "In my opinion", "IMO", "I believe", or similar modifiers. By reading this disclaimer you agree to reply in spirit of these conditions.

SleepyFist

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2016, 04:46:06 pm »
The original original?  As in the DOS version with isometric graphics?  Or the reboot that came out just a few years back?

The original original, I think it was when the first promotions for Enemy Unknown were going up and I figured I would give the DOS original a try.