News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: NES Street Fighter Collab Project  (Read 3596 times)

Lovintendo

• View Profile
NES Street Fighter Collab Project
« on: January 21, 2017, 01:02:06 pm »
Hello guys. Sorry for staying so long idle my other project will continue soon, so far my focus is on more important things.
My idea is to transfer the pirate rom from Street Fighter into a real street fighter, with E. Honda, Balrog and Zangief. Not to mention the graphics that give even fear. And the Chun Li stage is wrong, the songs are horrible, the names fixing and the addition of super combos. But because there are too many things to do at the same time, I thought I would make this project collective. I compose the songs and do some graphics, except the new players and the scenarios, but for the rest, I'm going to need your help. Who abides?

gustavocomvoce

• View Profile
Re: NES Street Fighter Collab Project
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 03:35:41 pm »
I have a hack with all 12 (plus the clones).
However, you can eliminate the clones and leave the game with the 12 and solve the problems of the game.

If interested, I'll go to rom by private message.

Lovintendo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 04:49:40 pm »
I already have this rom, it's a yoko hack, don't? it have some bugs and its worse than the rom I cited.

MathUser2929

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2017, 05:05:48 pm »
Such a hack could be nice. I dunno if theres much interest in such a thing but it would be nice to see completed.

Lovintendo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2017, 08:25:53 pm »
Do not think I'll do it all by myself. Like I said, this is a Collab project. Who's with me?

Bonesy

• Dog is God, God is Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2017, 08:21:56 pm »
Do not think I'll do it all by myself. Like I said, this is a Collab project. Who's with me?

generally around here if you can't walk the walk nobody will help you with your project

MathUser2929

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2017, 09:12:20 pm »
Don't feel bad if you can't do the project. There's so many Street Fighter 2 ports that one less isn't a big deal To even be playable it'd probably require a fresh start. Couldn't build on a badly made pirate.

macbee

• View Profile
    • MCBRemakes
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2017, 05:56:44 pm »
I also believe that a new Street Fighter for NES should be made from scratch. Good luck on your project!

tvtoon

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2017, 02:27:06 pm »
I triple the scratch. Don't waste your time using a hack to achieve that, there are good artists around the community that could help.

dACE

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2017, 06:35:39 am »
Writing a NES game from scratch is anything BUT trivial.

None of the commenters in this thread - proposing writing this game from scratch - is anywhere near that level of skill themselves (at least not considering their contributions to romhacking.net) and neither am I.

So instead of advising you to perform such a ridiculous task for a beginner - I would advise you to start small.
Figure out small improvements, like increasing/decreasing damage inflicted/received, and debug where those values are stored inside the rom.

The more you learn about the rom - the greater the chance is that you can address the issues you want adjusted.

Good Luck!

/dACE

MathUser2929

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2017, 09:24:24 am »
I was just saying people wouldn't wanna spend time hacking a game that don't really play like Street Fighter 2. You can't do the combos or anything. Not worth getting together and fixing. He'll have to just do it himself it looks like.

Bregalad

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2017, 03:07:48 am »
Writing a NES game from scratch is anything BUT trivial.

None of the commenters in this thread - proposing writing this game from scratch - is anywhere near that level of skill themselves (at least not considering their contributions to romhacking.net) and neither am I.
Actually I wrote a fullg NES game engine for it but never completed the game I intended to make. 1 level is fully playable, the others are mostly empty for now. If I ever finish this project I'll probably make the record of the longest time from begin to finish as it's been 12 years already.

And I can confirm, writing a NES game (or any quality game, for that matter) is anything but trivial.