News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Lost Romhack Request Thread  (Read 6981 times)

Kallisto

• View Profile
Lost Romhack Request Thread
« on: June 19, 2016, 05:38:51 pm »
When I noticed there was a lost Breath of Fire Palette Swap that I wondered if we should have a dedicated thread to lost romhacks, and potentially translations. I thought I make this dedicated thread for such things. If there is something missing from this site then put the request here.

Asaki

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
Re: Lost Romhack Request Thread
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 07:38:56 am »
There actually is one hack I was looking for a while back. I remember reading on a website, a guy who had ported Pitfall II to the Game Boy Color, but said that it was cancelled before release. He had made an alternate layout for the entire game, as a bonus, and released it for the original Atari 2600 game. For whatever reason, I didn't download it, and now I can't find it anywhere.

I'm sure I could ask at AtariAge, I just never think about it.

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2016, 11:26:01 pm »
I'm going to bump this with something I thought was lost but relatively recently got re-uploaded.  Here's a patcher for Suikoden 1 that fixes the more annoying bugs (to be precise: two versions of an Earth Rune fix, a sorta fix to the bribe glitch, and two Escape Talisman related fixes).  It only works on a US 1.0 ISO: http://suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=12780&start=30

There's also one for 2 but it was never really lost, it also fixes a whoooole lot more than the above one and is usable for all versions of the SK2 ISO.  In case you're curious, it's over here: https://github.com/pyriell/gs2-bugfixes
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 11:32:39 pm by Chronosplit »

Axiphel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2016, 12:46:15 am »
I'm going to bump this with something I thought was lost but relatively recently got re-uploaded.  Here's a patcher for Suikoden 1 that fixes the more annoying bugs (to be precise: two versions of an Earth Rune fix, a sorta fix to the bribe glitch, and two Escape Talisman related fixes).  It only works on a US 1.0 ISO: http://suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=12780&start=30

There's also one for 2 but it was never really lost, it also fixes a whoooole lot more than the above one and is usable for all versions of the SK2 ISO.  In case you're curious, it's over here: https://github.com/pyriell/gs2-bugfixes

Thanks! It doesn't specifically need to be a .ISO file as I patched a .bin file successfully.

Googie

• eeee!
    • View Profile
    • My work in progress ROM Hacking site
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2016, 10:35:28 pm »
If there was one ROM Hack I should've had on me, it's this one. I hope that someone out there has this Castlevania III hack demo, but I doubt it. :'(

M-Tee

• One pixel at a time…
    • View Profile
    • M-Tee Retro Graphics
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2016, 04:49:46 am »
I wonder what palette he was using for those screen shots.

mrrichard999

• So Goooood! :D
    • View Profile
    • GameFAQS Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2016, 05:34:07 am »
If there was one ROM Hack I should've had on me, it's this one. I hope that someone out there has this Castlevania III hack demo, but I doubt it. :'(
I found it - http://www.oocities.org/de/daemonschlossdracula/EoD.zip
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 05:41:15 am by mrrichard999 »

Googie

• eeee!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2016, 12:03:41 am »
mrrichard999: Thanks so much for finding this hack demo, I salute you! :beer:

There's another lost hack out there I hope someone out there has, is a SMB2 Coin hack by DahrkDaiz...

If it can't be found maybe someone else can do it, if they're interested of course. :crazy:

M-Tee

• One pixel at a time…
    • View Profile
    • M-Tee Retro Graphics
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2016, 12:25:18 am »
That answers a lot. It looks it uses a completely custom palette, heavily different from any standard palette.

mrrichard999

• View Profile
    • GameFAQS Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2016, 02:32:25 pm »

There's another lost hack out there I hope someone out there has, is a SMB2 Coin hack by DahrkDaiz...

If it can't be found maybe someone else can do it, if they're interested of course. :crazy:

Does DahrkDaiz have it anymore? Thought he was still around.

MathUser2929

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2016, 04:42:55 pm »

I been hoping that hack could be found too. You can see my posts in that thread, iamhiro1112.

August 28, 2016, 04:45:52 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Another lost romhack is this:

http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/1198/

The hack hosted here is a early version. I hear there's a later version which changes more. I think I played it once, it changes the super gameboy palette in the first stage. I wish this could be found but I don't know Japanese so I can't find it myself. I dont know if the hack actually has a proper name. I found out KY-RA is the name of the guy that made the hack.

mrrichard999

• View Profile
    • GameFAQS Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2016, 04:54:20 pm »
Here is a link to a possible newer one - http://www.oocities.org/de/daemonschlossdracula/KYRA_hack.zip

No version numbers are stated though, check it out.

salvadorc17

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2016, 05:06:49 pm »
Lost rom hacks also includes rom hacks in different game language..

MathUser2929

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2016, 10:07:44 pm »
Here is a link to a possible newer one - http://www.oocities.org/de/daemonschlossdracula/KYRA_hack.zip

No version numbers are stated though, check it out.

You don't need to bother searching english websites for it, I already did that. That patch is the same as what's on the site. I might not even have the right name of the hack, I just went by what I found out about it on english websites. If it exists anymore it will be on a japanese website. The hack was done by a japanese hacker on the JP rom.

Edit:I guess you guys might wanna know Dahrk Daiz isn't the first one to make a SMB2 cherries into coins hack. Someone on a JP website did it first. I used to have that hack. I dunno if that will give any clue on how to find it or anything, if you're lucky maybe Dahrk Daiz will still have his. Someone should ask him.

mrrichard999

• View Profile
    • GameFAQS Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2016, 02:41:05 am »
You don't need to bother searching english websites for it, I already did that. That patch is the same as what's on the site. I might not even have the right name of the hack, I just went by what I found out about it on english websites. If it exists anymore it will be on a japanese website. The hack was done by a japanese hacker on the JP rom.

Edit:I guess you guys might wanna know Dahrk Daiz isn't the first one to make a SMB2 cherries into coins hack. Someone on a JP website did it first. I used to have that hack. I dunno if that will give any clue on how to find it or anything, if you're lucky maybe Dahrk Daiz will still have his. Someone should ask him.

This might be your lost castlevania page - http://revelation12.sakura.ne.jp/chika_souko/sayoben.html

MathUser2929

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2016, 06:55:27 am »
Thanks, that is the same version, but now I know the name of the hack. English translated it is "Goodbye pigtails". Perhaps the updated version is only a demo that the guy uploaded on some message board and 1.0 is the only version officially endorsed. Also, thanks to you finding the japanese name for the hack I was able to do a search for the hack. I didn't find an updated version, but I found some more cv hacks I never knew about. I pm'd you the links. I hope you can add them to the site.

Vanya

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2016, 05:01:38 pm »
Can I ask for one, too? One of the FF1 dynamic battle patch threads and Grond mentioned "Final Fantasy Revised", by YaneBANU.
Does anyone have a copy of this patch I could get?

Googie

• eeee!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2016, 01:01:41 pm »
Here's another lost hack, I found this in my ROM Folder the other day, Dxedge made this hack in 2004 and never finished it, it's like he vanished. This was cutting edge at the time. I'm sharing it because maybe, just maybe, someone can finish it. Only 2 levels are done after the intro level, the level design is pretty great in my opinion. Check it out, let's talk about this hack etc. Also use the custom palette he made, I guess custom palettes were a big thing at the time. See ya's...   

The Patch.

I'd figure I post it here instead of making a new thread...  :D :cookie: 

Bahamut ZERO

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2016, 01:36:00 pm »
Holy shit, is that a Megaman X-themed old school Megaman hack!?  :o
Like Super Mario Land? Then you'll love my first completed Rom Hack: Maniac on the Run!

MathUser2929

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2016, 02:04:46 pm »
Wow, Tekhacks, that's old.