News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: ROM Hacks: New Hacks Added to the Database  (Read 2481 times)

RHDNBot

ROM Hacks: New Hacks Added to the Database
« on: June 12, 2016, 08:34:58 pm »

Update By: RHDNBot

This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net's RHDNBot.

The following Hacks have been submitted and approved to the database (in submitted order oldest to newest):

Relevant Link

Plint Michigan

• View Profile
Re: ROM Hacks: New Hacks Added to the Database
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 10:12:33 am »
Zero playable in Megaman X? Meh, to be honest, I'd rather have a species hack that changes X into an animal, to be honest. I know it's kind of dumb, but I personally would probably enjoy the game more if it didn't feel like "Humans are good/all other life is evil." I keep telling myself to do it myself, but I keep putting it off.

treos

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 09:17:57 pm »
Zero playable in Megaman X? Meh, to be honest, I'd rather have a species hack that changes X into an animal, to be honest. I know it's kind of dumb, but I personally would probably enjoy the game more if it didn't feel like "Humans are good/all other life is evil." I keep telling myself to do it myself, but I keep putting it off.

oh, you dislike only playing as a human in games all the time too? yeah, would be nice to see that changed up every now and then.

as for the megaman z hack. not bad, theres a few grammar errors here and there and a few sprite related things (such as Zero's dash not being fully animated) but it's ok overall. largely feels like someones fanfic to me though, or a "what if..." scenario...but even looking at it that way it still comes off as kinda fanfic imo. not a bad role reversal though. maybe work on how X and Zero's attitude tends to sound when they're talking so they'd feel a bit more...in character despite the role reversal?

i dunno, it just feels a bit odd to me as faras the script is concerned. and that screen where the warning about x would be is pure fanfic.

Plint Michigan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2016, 10:11:31 am »
Huh, I thought I was the only one.

I kind of have a soft spot for nature. I don't mind playing as humans, I'm just not a big fan of games that have a humans VS animals/nature theme. It's one of those things: even when the gameplay is good, the story makes it hard to have fun with it.