News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Mobages/Other Mobile Gaming  (Read 3293 times)

Bonesy

• Dog is God, God is Dog
    • View Profile
Mobages/Other Mobile Gaming
« on: June 09, 2016, 08:19:46 pm »
Getting a Kindle Fire tonight, what android/fire mobages/other mobile games are worth it?

jink640

• From nuggets to dust.
    • View Profile
Re: Mobages/Other Mobile Gaming
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2016, 08:32:11 pm »
Run is a fun game, but maybe not that great on a tablet.
The Bard's Tale reboot is a funny game, and the controls are alright.
Aralon is good, get that if you can.

Idkbutlike2

• Beer Chozo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2016, 08:47:22 pm »
The fuck is a mobage?

USC

• Submission Reviewer
  • Obviously Outdated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2016, 09:45:33 pm »
That confused me too - apparently it's a game portal for mobile phones:
http://games.dena.com/west/

Piotyr

• I'm useful, honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2016, 10:05:54 pm »
Final fantasy record keeper is actually a very fun game if you like final fantasy, puzzle and dragons is an insanely addicted good game if you like match games.

shadowmanwkp

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2016, 03:40:38 am »
Clash royale is an incredibly fun, simplified, RTS on mobile. It's all about timing and efficiency. The game is designed for mobile (plays in portrait only), but considering you have a kindle, it should be small enough to be playable. Although the game is F2P it handles it really well with a good ranking system (unlike hearthstone). Spending money early will also hinder you, because your available units are tied to your current ranking bracket.

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2016, 09:39:00 am »
I don't know if the Kindle Fire's store has all this stuff or not, but:

-You Must Build a Boat is a rather unique and fun take on a mashup of RPG, Roguelike, (somewhat; gameplay takes place in a dungon, things are pretty random due to it's nature, and when you die your run is done), and Match 3.
-King of Dragon Pass is a pretty good mobile port, it has some extras in it even.
-Ticket to Ride, Talisman, Asension, Cthulhu Realms, Pathfinder Adventures, Carcassonne, and Catan if you enjoy board or card games.
-Some like the Baldur's Gate games and Icewind Dale offering on mobile, they're the EE versions before Dragonspear came out with the new NPCs put up as in-app purchases.  Some hate the interface though.
-The Pinball Arcade will cost you an arm and a leg, but it's worth it if you buy stuff over time.  Really great and faithful recreations.
-A slightly less expensive option is Zaccaria Pinball, though the tables weren't as fun to me.  Comes to personal taste.
-Bloons TD5 is about the best Tower Defense game I've ever played.
-Riptide GP2 is kinda like putting Wipeout on water with stunts and no powerups.
-Pacman Championship Edition DX is just as good as on PC.
-Dragon Quest IV-VI are pretty much Square-Enix's best porting jobs, if that tickles your fancy.  They're the DS remakes all on one screen, with IV restoring party chat that was left out.  They also don't have online only DRM.  Wait for these to come on sale though, Square-Enix charges higher prices than most.  Romancing SaGa 2 and FFIX are also good.  From what I've tried the DS FF ports, III and IV, are decent as well as V (though the graphics suck it's ported well otherwise) but I wouldn't go any farther than that.  Beware of always-online DRM in I believe FFIV and any games they made after that.

Also I rarely ever get free games, but I've liked Bomber Friends.  You can pay for the ads to be shut off and it's multiplayer Bomberman with a Reversi mode.  What's not to like?  Also, Pixel Dungeon is about the best mobile roguelike if you aren't into getting Hacker's Keyboard installed.  It doesn't have ads or anything, it's just free.  Battle For Wesnoth's mobile job is also great once you get used to it and set the right resolution.  The one by Androth is the one you want.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 09:30:35 pm by Chronosplit »

SleepyFist

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2016, 02:35:58 pm »
The Sandbox: Excellent little simulation game as far as I can remember.
http://www.thesandboxgame.com/

Pocket Mortys
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.turner.pocketmorties&hl=en

Sonic 1,2,& CD Ports by Taxman

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2016, 02:47:03 pm »
Oh yes, I have forgotten the Taxman engine Sonics.  Don't knock not having a controller until you've tried it, Sonic CD has the best touch D-Pad I've ever seen in a platformer somehow.

I haven't played 1 and 2 on the platform, but another Sega title worth mentioning is Chu Chu Rocket.  It's mostly the GBA version but properly done on a touchpad.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 04:25:38 pm by Chronosplit »

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2016, 06:48:06 pm »
Kingdom Hearts Unchained X seems to have a lot of fans.
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2016, 09:21:28 pm »
Oh, I forgot one.  Kairosoft.  They're a little Japanese dev that usually makes sim-type games.  For the most part they're really well done.  The most typical example (and the first one they did) is Game Dev Story, but there's about every theme in their lineup.  From restaurant managing to a Pokemon/Deserted island survival mashup.

Bonesy

• Dog is God, God is Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2016, 07:14:33 am »
Update: so all i've mostly been playing is PAD, Neko Atsume, DBZ Dokkan Battle, and Tales of Link

i think i'm subconsciously been filling the void left in my gaming habits when SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online died

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2016, 11:25:11 pm »
Quick note on Pinball Arcade, my recommendation is a little less now.  They changed the UI to a significantly worse one just today, it looks terrible, it's horribly glitchy, and I doubt it's been even beta tested at this point. :|

Though the pinball quality is just as great, I'd advise you get the PC or console version instead until they put out a few updates.  EDIT: Nope, PC version's fucked too.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 02:52:06 pm by Chronosplit »