News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Lazy Shell (SMRPG Editor) v4.0 Source Code - Contributions Welcome!  (Read 1725 times)

CaptainSwag101

• View Profile
I haven't seen any sort of thread talking about this, so I apologize if I'm wrong in assuming that most people aren't aware that Giangurgolo published the code and binaries for an unfinished v4.0 of his LazyShell editor back in August of 2014. It featured a redesigned UI, and several new editor windows and features.

Preview of the new UI:

Based on a post (link) he made back in 2015, it seems that this was possibly the last version he was going to release due to being so busy, but he never finished working on it.

That said, I have taken quite a bit of time to create a GitHub repository for LazyShell for anyone who wants to contribute to the program's source code for adding new features, fixing bugs, making the program compatible with newer systems, etc.
The repo features a recreation of the version history with commits which are as time-accurate as possible, based off the timestamps of any code snapshots of the program that I could find.

I've already made several changes to the code, but I would really appreciate any testing and suggestions that people can provide.
Please feel free to fork and submit pull requests!

The GitHub repository can be found here: https://github.com/jpmac26/LazyShell
You can also download the latest version of the program (including the mysterious v4.0 release) here: https://github.com/jpmac26/LazyShell/releases/
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 07:43:17 pm by CaptainSwag101 »

tvtoon

• View Profile
Re: Lazy Shell (SMRPG Editor) v4.0 Source Code - Contributions Welcome!
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2016, 08:23:57 pm »
Hum, it has been some time since I last checked that one.
So, just to make it clear, you made changes based on the logs, from the 3.0 or do you mean changes "even further"?

CaptainSwag101

• View Profile
Re: Lazy Shell (SMRPG Editor) v4.0 Source Code - Contributions Welcome!
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2016, 08:29:43 pm »
Hum, it has been some time since I last checked that one.
So, just to make it clear, you made changes based on the logs, from the 3.0 or do you mean changes "even further"?
I recreated the changes of each official version as best I could, using the timestamps from the source code snapshots on his SourceForge page, and then once I reached the last official version of the code, I also made some changes of my own, such as making the program natively support both 32-bit and 64-bit systems, and a few other small changes.