News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Pokemon Black 2 - help with the C-Gear activation sequence! ROM HACKERS HELP !!!  (Read 3153 times)

xGoldenSHx

• View Profile
I played through my Black 2 using walk through walls code on my action replay, long story short, i messed up and skipped the first badge but beat the whole game. At the end I tried to correct my wrong but couldn't find a solution. The problem now is I dont have access to the C gear as it is given after the first badge and I cant even trigger the first badge because once I walk into the room a dialogue loop is triggered with Clyde and he ends up giving me Fresh Water over and over. Also I found a legit shiny Delibird during the playrhtough and I'd like to transfer it, so if anyone could maybe find a solution, maybe with the coding, that would be much appreciated!!

dACE

• View Profile
This must be one of the stupidest hack requests I ever read.

/dACE

tvtoon

• View Profile
You already confessed using cheats, how can we be sure that the Delibird is legit?
See, that is why cheaters and hackers don't walk together! >:(

xGoldenSHx

• View Profile
I'm not asking anyone to believe me about the shiny, I really don't care. All that matters to me is that I know its legit and I want to have it safe. And yes I cheated... to beat the game in a timely fashion, I hunt shinies legitely for youtube, the whole goal was to beat the game fast to get to other areas in the game. So don't believe me, it doesnt affect me whatsoever, I just thought that maybe someone would be able to help me with my problem, but I guess no one cares about that here; everyone just wants to ridicule and act as if they are better than you. Fine, so be it. If anyone does come across this and is willing and able to help, I appreciate you and thank you in advance.

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
Exactly what sort of solution are you expecting?  Another Action Replay code?

If you have a flashcart, it's relatively straightforward to dump the SRAM, and I understand there are lots of editors out there capable of making various changes; afterwards, you could write the SRAM back to the cart.  But really, you could give yourself unlimited shiny Delibirds if you want to go that route.
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

xGoldenSHx

• View Profile
Im sorry for being super ignorant, but I just want a way to maybe activate the Cgear cut scene and I guess the gym battle that comes before. Is the SRAM whats preventing this from happening? Im not too sure what that is but I'm trying to do my research

Jorpho

• View Profile
No, SRAM is just where your save game is stored.  By "dump the SRAM", I mean making a copy of your save game on your desktop PC.

I cant even trigger the first badge because once I walk into the room a dialogue loop is triggered with Clyde and he ends up giving me Fresh Water over and over.
I've never played Pokemon Black 2 and I don't know what's supposed to happen when you enter the room, but evidently the game is checking some variable that has been set in your save game and is encountering a situation the programmers never expected.  That's generally the way games like this are coded.

If you input the right Action Replay code, I suppose it might be possible to get the game back into a condition where the event will trigger properly – like, maybe you have to input a code that will remove all your other badges first.  But it's more likely this will just mess up your game further.  If you want to find the right code, and you don't have a means of dumping your SRAM, your best bet is to duplicate the problem in an emulator and experiment with codes there. 

It would probably be less trouble just to find someone else in your area who will trade for your Delibird while you reset the game, and then trade it back to you.
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

Seihen

• View Profile
Why not just use a code to put the C-Gear into your inventory?

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
I guess you haven't played Pokemon Black & White 1 or 2.
C-Gear is a menu displayed on the touch screen during most of the game (outside battle), used mostly for multiplayer/(now deceased)Nintendo Wi-Fi stuff. (I don't know, didn't use it much. The only thing I've done with it is the Entralink "funfest" stuff that I read is multiplayer-only in BW1, though it can be done single-player in BW2.)
It is not an item but a replacement for the mostly-blank touch screen that appears at the start of the game. (and it also causes the game to load up a prompt asking if the player wants to enable it EVERY TIME they continue a saved game. :P )
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Jorpho

• View Profile
Yes, but in theory when you get the C-Gear there ought to be a flag in RAM that gets set, one that you could just as easily set with a code.  It wouldn't be more complicated than that, since otherwise getting the C-Gear would require restarting the game.  I guess?

Seihen

• View Profile
Yes, but in theory when you get the C-Gear there ought to be a flag in RAM that gets set, one that you could just as easily set with a code.  It wouldn't be more complicated than that, since otherwise getting the C-Gear would require restarting the game.  I guess?

Exactly what I was thinking... like any other item, event, etc. in the game, it's just a matter of telling the game what you do and do not currently have. If we're already using cheatcodes, I can't fathom any moral reason not to. It also sounds much simpler than any of the other methods being proposed. As for whether someone bothered to make a code for that, however, is another story entirely.

xGoldenSHx

• View Profile
Thank you all for the help. I've tried all obvious codes that may help including remove all gym badges, and obtain all gym badges, even tried adding all key items (knowing it likely wouldnt work considering it's an event that needs be triggered) needless to say I was unsuccessful. I think I may just cut my losses and either just restart the game, or continue to hunt the game but trap whatever future shinies I may find.