I'm very much interested in learning Traditional Chinese right now and figured playing games would be a great way to do it, so revisiting FFIV The Complete Collection in Traditional Chinese would be awesome except all my research shows that the only existing patch is in Simplified Chinese.
I'm wondering if it's possible to take the existing xdelta patch and decompile it to get the tables and then just replace the simplified characters with the traditional equivalents. It shouldn't be much more work than that since all the offsets should be the same, but I would need the source files. I don't even want credit for the work, since so much of the work is already done. We could just lump the Traditional Chinese with this page: http://www.romhacking.net/translations/2461/
I believe I see an example here of essentially what I want to do here: http://www.romhacking.net/translations/965/
Ok, did some more research and I believe I have the right steps. Please comment if I'm going way off course.
1) Apply the Simplified Chinese patch to the JP FFIV PSP rom.
2) Decompile the new ROM using whatever techniques people have been using to hack the ROM in the first place.
3) Make my changes to the tables.
4) Recompile the ROM with the new tables. I should now have a Traditional Chinese FFIV.
5) Use Xdelta to diff my Traditional Chinese ROM against the original JP FFIV PSP ROM to get the patch if I want to distribute Traditional Chinese to others.