News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: LoZ Majora's Mask GC PAL rom - need help enabling the language select menu  (Read 2479 times)

Aroenai

• View Profile
I've been working on modding the Gamecube roms from the Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition promo disc on Gamecube so they match the original color scheme for playing on an Everdrive64 (USA N64 rom is missing several sounds, GC PAL runs at 60hz instead of 50hz, and GC has corrected Zora boomerang physics for the pot smashing game). The problem I'm running into now is it seems they've disabled the language selection menu under Options from the file select screen on the PAL GC rom. The necessary textures appear to still be present, and all three MM GC rom's seem to be sharing the same code base based on the PAL region text I've found so I'm assuming it might just be disabled with a flag/jump.

I'm not having much luck finding finding where this code is located so I was wondering if someone might be able to help point me in the right direction so I can get it to a point where you don't have to use a modified save file or gameshark code to change languages on a real n64 console.

henke37

• View Profile
You did check if they are just reading the region in the GC bios, right?

Aroenai

• View Profile
I'm sure the emulator on the Gamecube read the language from the bios and modified the save in ram for the correct language selection... but that doesn't help me using that rom on an actual N64 console which is what I'm targeting my mod for..