If Vivify and ThegreatBen do collaborate and a new script is implemented alongside the sound and palette restorations, I think it bears worth mention Ryusei's and D4s's retranslation of Breath of Fire 2 - The Fated Child which is a masterpiece would be worth emulating. Adding a VWF patch and changing the font to allow more dialogue, elaborating on said dialogue, adding in all the changes Thegreatben has already implemented and taking it to the next level in terms of series consistency, lore, etc.. This could be a definitive edition of Breath of Fire I - The Dragon Warrior.
- Include the full title. Ryusei and D4s's retranslation does this and it's worthwhile. It sets it apart from the original and really shows the effort and dept put into the project at face value
- Try your best to incorporate the original intro screen from the SNES version. It may require aid from third parties but it would be worth the effort.
- Revise the items and armor lists to further series consistency
- Try and make more use of cut content https://tcrf.net/Breath_of_Fire
I mention a few suggestions earlier in thread and if ThegreatBen has some help, they could be implemented. At least the music tracks.
- Really try and deepdive the lore like Ryusei and D4s did so you have more to add and work with.
- Try and implement custom avatars for each shaman form when transformed and change Karn's name to the form he has become. This one would be tough but a good change.
- Really try and balance out the level up speed of some characters. I spoke with Thegreatben about this already and you can see in my playthrough it gets pretty out of control lol
- Reference happenings of Breath of Fire V: Dragon Quarter. BoF5 was by far my least favourite but the crutch of the story is that it is supposed to turn the story into a paradox. The world of Breath of Fire gets destroyed by the end of 4 and the people travel underground where you start in BoF5. Once you make your way to the surface the game ends indicating the creation of a new town and the restart of the cycle. Personally I prefer to pretend BoF5 isn't part of the series as it makes it more enjoyable but if it were about series consistency, subtle nods might be worth mentioning.