News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: English Translation for Okaeri! Chibi-Robo! Happy Richie Ōsōji! is Now Live!  (Read 6168 times)

John Enigma

• View Profile
Well, according to Cjuub from GBATemp, is semidone, but still...

...is a giant achievement!

Get the patch here while is still hot before Nintendo comes out of nowhere and starts taking the tent down on this hack.

MOD/ADMIN EDIT: I'm just posting the announcement. I know that this is isn't mine. Also, do posts like these go in here, or somewhere else?

NOTE: Finally fixed the link. Thanks, KingMike.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 09:42:50 pm by John Enigma »

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
They're probably not going to care about an original DS translation but you messed up your link.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

John Enigma

• View Profile
^Ah. Thanks for telling me.

Still, I think this deserves to be in the Romhacking.net Translations vault.

ObiKKa

• Tome of retro gaming knowledge!
    • View Profile
Don't worry. I want to add it in soon. Just need to do more proofreading. That's all.

John Enigma

• View Profile
^Are you the same Cjuub from GBAtemp? If so, is nice that you finally added it in here.

I wanna see if this game is much better than Chibi-Robo: Zip Lash.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 07:50:07 am by John Enigma »

ObiKKa

• View Profile
^Are you the same Cjuub from GBAtemp? If so, is nice that you finally added it in here.

I wanna see if this game is much better than Chibi-Robo: Zip Lash.
Nope, that's not me. I'm just one of the few proofreaders who have helped make corrections in the script files for cjuub. Since he's not connected in here I may as well do the submission some day.
From what I've read this game is the most similar to the first Chibi-Robo game but with new things added in.

John Enigma

• View Profile
Apparently, cjuub DID submit the patch here (LOOK FOR THE LATEST POST). Let's hope it happens.

mikeprado30

• View Profile

John Enigma

• View Profile
^Nice. :)

ObiKKa

• View Profile
Yes, now he's done it. I'm surprised. I wasn't aware that he'd known of Romhacking, :P . Let alone put up the download up there which is also good coz we can see the download count ticking up, which will reflect the popularity of this game. His screenshot choices do a good job at showcasing his work in the patch.

John Enigma

• View Profile
From what I've seen in the screenshots as well, it looks like he did a tremendous job. The game looks more fitting in English.

I'll never understand why Nintendo never wanted to release this game outside of Japan (looks pretty normal to me), and also, I'll never understand why Nintendo never made a true Chibi-Robo game like the first three, instead of that dead platformer sequel/spin-off called Chibi-Robo: Zip Lash. But this is just my opinion. I'm sure everbody's opinion on CR: Zip Lash is different than mine.

Pizzano

• View Profile
Thanks for sharing this. It looks cool!

ObiKKa

• View Profile
From what I've seen in the screenshots as well, it looks like he did a tremendous job. The game looks more fitting in English.

I'll never understand why Nintendo never wanted to release this game outside of Japan (looks pretty normal to me), and also, I'll never understand why Nintendo never made a true Chibi-Robo game like the first three, instead of that dead platformer sequel/spin-off called Chibi-Robo: Zip Lash. But this is just my opinion. I'm sure everbody's opinion on CR: Zip Lash is different than mine.
There are good reasons for that - it's mainly due to the botched marketing campaigns in America.
This excellent and recent 3-part retrospective from November 2015 (Part 2) is required reading for all Chibi-Robo fans and probably anyone who would like to play this fan-translated game. Part 1, part 3 - final 2 games. It's a fantastic retrospective and covers the entire development history of all of the five Chibi-Robo games. It includes a photo of one of the designers as well. Here's the Wikia page.

LoganN64

• View Profile
Does this hack apply to the physical or digital version of the game?

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
It's an original DS (not DSiWare) game, which means it was only released in "physical" format, which means to play it translated you find a ROM (you're on your own for that), patch it and then play it on an emulator or flashcart (again, you're on your own for that part).
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

LoganN64

• View Profile
ok, fair enough. looks like i got some hunting to do! Thanks!

July 03, 2016, 02:11:10 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Quick question; i have the physical copy of Chibi-Robo: Happy Richie, and i was wondering; how many of those portrait things are there(in the Chibi house)? i got the 'Santa' picture, the 'mole' picture, 'snowman' picture and the 'mermaid' picture, i recall hearing someone getting a picture for collecting one of each of the "gold nugget items" im still missing a Tri-force gold nugget, but there seems to be some sort of picture missing from the Chibi House.

i can post a picture of what i mean if you need clarification.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 02:12:43 am by LoganN64 »

LoganN64

• View Profile
So is anyone able to help me with the items im looking for?

cjuub

• View Profile
ok, fair enough. looks like i got some hunting to do! Thanks!

July 03, 2016, 02:11:10 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Quick question; i have the physical copy of Chibi-Robo: Happy Richie, and i was wondering; how many of those portrait things are there(in the Chibi house)? i got the 'Santa' picture, the 'mole' picture, 'snowman' picture and the 'mermaid' picture, i recall hearing someone getting a picture for collecting one of each of the "gold nugget items" im still missing a Tri-force gold nugget, but there seems to be some sort of picture missing from the Chibi House.

i can post a picture of what i mean if you need clarification.

There are 5 photo panels, and those are the ones you mentioned.

LoganN64

• View Profile
Thanks CJUUB, i hope one day i can get the last panel then. but i will say it looks weird that there is one more space over the middle of the Chibi PC.... maybe the Nugget one fills that space?