News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Zelda II Overworld HUD  (Read 1866 times)

pikahax

• View Profile
Zelda II Overworld HUD
« on: April 12, 2016, 01:24:22 am »
I am thinking of making my own hack of Zelda II and I realized something. Why hasn't anybody thought of incorporating a heads up display in the overworld?
Of course, it requires the use of a MMC3 chip and takes up 18 empty tiles to get it to work right.

zonk47

• View Profile
Re: Zelda II Overworld HUD
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2016, 01:40:51 am »
The way the game is made it's kind of pointless, and as I recall there were lots of maps available for the game from about every Nintendo-focused mag.

I tried playing that game again a few years back. Couldn't make it through because I just got tired of those gigantic palaces towards the end (well, that's relatively speaking... I beat them all back in the day with the guide, but these days the austerity just holds nothing for me). I remember being enchanted by it in my youth... too poor to own the game so I drew the items in my notebook at school. And coming from a Christian background which emphasized the supernatural just made the experience seem all the more real and magical.
A good slave does not realize he is one; the best slave will not accept that he has become one.

Disch

• NES Junkie
    • View Profile
Re: Zelda II Overworld HUD
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2016, 02:01:43 am »
Of course, it requires the use of a MMC3 chip

[citation needed]