News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Help me find the Game Gear hacker who worked on Last Bible S with me!  (Read 1114 times)

Tom

• View Profile
Years ago, I did a full translation of Last Bible S with a VERY good Game Gear hacker. It was looking great! Unfortunately, the game is hard as nails, and I just couldn't get through it. I didn't want to release it untested, so it kinda sat around for ages... It gets worse, though. My e-mail account ended up getting hacked, and I lost the guy's contact information. The only good thing is that I still have the ROM.

I can't remember anything about him, other than that he really knew the system well, and pulled off some very impressive feats with the hack.

Now I'm trying to tie up loose ends, and I want to finish the project at last. If he doesn't want to finish it himself, I'll let someone else handle what's left. (There's not much to do at this point...)

If anybody happens to know which hacker I'm talking about, I'd appreciate your help getting in touch with him. Nothing was formally announced, so I doubt many people know, but on the off chance that he spoke about the project to someone else, I'd appreciate a lead.

Thanks in advance.

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
Re: Help me find the Game Gear hacker who worked on Last Bible S with me!
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2016, 01:25:17 pm »
I don't know if there's THAT many people who do extensive GG hacking. Maybe SMS Power! might be a good place to ask, probably more likely to find a lot of dedicated Sega 8-bit hacking fans there.

z80gaiden is one name that sticks out as a potential hacker. I think he helped with SMSP's Phantasy Star Retranslation and maybe the same guy that cracked Shining Force Gaiden 3's compression.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Pennywise

• I'm curious
    • View Profile
    • Yojimbo's Translations
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2016, 02:26:56 pm »
His name is Steven Seahorn and released translations under SSTranslations iirc. I think he became disinterested in fan translations and decided to focus his attention on homebrew.

Tom

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2016, 05:32:08 pm »
Yes, that is the one.

Thank you for the information!

Kallisto

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2016, 04:48:39 pm »
Can't wait to see another Last Bible translated. Wish you the best of luck!

By the way...Mr.Richard999 took a jab at the game back last year. You could contact him if you cannot reach the other guy to help finish off the project.