The project isn't dead, but I was rewriting the code so there wasn't much to say.
I'll show you some progress soon, I just have to fix a couple of things
June 29, 2016, 06:19:41 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
I'm receiving a lot of questions about the hack, so I'll give you guys some updates.
I'm almost finished with the code rewriting and things are going well, I'm happy I went this route. The new code fixes all the speed problems, and the fade in/fade out animation is now completely restored. Also I almost completely removed the artifacts that appeared in the screen transitions.
However, this comes at a cost - now I'm forced to tweak the palettes so the transitions aren't so abrupt. For example, the colors in Saltwater would look like this while the screen is moving:
So that's the downside, in certain points I won't be able to use bright colors as before. I've tried different formulas and I think this is the best way to go, but if you guys prefer brighter colors in exchange of some artifacts I'm open to changes.
By the way, I've finished the intro scene:
As you can see there is a SGB border, but it is just a mockup. I definitely want to insert a SGB border, but I wanted to know your opinion on this one first. If someone comes up with a better one maybe I'll use it.