News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: For the Frog the Bell Tolls DX (WIP)  (Read 93169 times)

ShadowOne333

• View Profile
Re: Kaeru no Tame ni Kane wa Naru Color Hack
« Reply #100 on: July 29, 2016, 12:57:24 am »
Thanks guys :beer:
Here is some progress: https://youtu.be/ZSlSSWtEm0g
Oh my!
There's something about colorized GB games that just tickles my emotions, and man have you done a beatiful work on this DX version so far!

I love every tidbit of progress you make.
Really impresive work! :)

Axiphel

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 29, 2016, 02:16:40 am »
It's cute that everyone has their own little doghouse to live in.

bradzx

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 29, 2016, 11:53:48 pm »

How about this?  Make two patches.  One for left side version you made.   One for right side for LA version color.

Edited: Look like I got ninjaed before I mention this.  Lol.
Are you huge fan of Megaman Xtreme 2?   Then check this progress of Remastered version!

MathUser2929

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 30, 2016, 06:46:06 am »
I still don't get why that characters eyes are pure white. Is he a god or something?

Scapetti

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 30, 2016, 11:02:24 am »
Yeah, that's absolutely right. I appreciate the feedback and all, but right now I'm wasting a lot of time just because of other people preferences. From now on I'll just make what I feel right or I'll never complete the hack.

Speaking of which, I think I'm going to go with this colors:

Maybe I'll tweak them a bit, but you can see what I'm trying to do - I want the colors to be the same I used from the start after emulating them. So yeah, I'm going to use saturated colors but definitely not the same palette as LA.

Woops, I missed a huge argument that I potentially started... sorry about that! But I do think this looks MUCH better. Switching the doors and the npc blacks makes it look great. I guess that was the problem :) It looks so much better now and I am very happy. The only thing I will say (please don't kill me), in the video, Richard looks kind of spectral.. like a ghost, perhaps a darker shade of blue is in order? So much better now though, very happy :)

SCD

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • SPOOOOON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: July 30, 2016, 11:34:42 am »
I checked out your video on YouTube, your color hack is coming out great.

In my opinion you should make a alternate patch that would keep the original sprites of the main characters intact like this edit I made:

BadChad

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 30, 2016, 11:37:59 pm »
Thanks guys :beer:
Here is some progress: https://youtu.be/ZSlSSWtEm0g

Really liking the look of everything. The colour looks great and everything seems to work very well together in my opinion.

One little thing I noticed that I figured I'd mention though. You added that little spike/cow lick to Prince Sable's hair, which I actually like as its a little touch which makes the sprite just a little more accurate to original artwork of the character. But I noticed that the cow lick is most commonly shown on the the right side of his hair (our left) and figured it could be changed to reflect that. I also noticed the cow lick is not present when seeing the sprite from behind which could be added as well. Just a minor suggestion I though I'd point out.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 01:17:56 am by BadChad »

toruzz

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 31, 2016, 01:59:43 am »
Thank you guys, I really appreciate the feedback.

I still don't get why that characters eyes are pure white. Is he a god or something?
Please, make a mockup and enlighten me.

Woops, I missed a huge argument that I potentially started... sorry about that! But I do think this looks MUCH better. Switching the doors and the npc blacks makes it look great. I guess that was the problem :) It looks so much better now and I am very happy. The only thing I will say (please don't kill me), in the video, Richard looks kind of spectral.. like a ghost, perhaps a darker shade of blue is in order? So much better now though, very happy :)
Yeah I know, I still have to tweak Richard's colors  :)

I checked out your video on YouTube, your color hack is coming out great.

In my opinion you should make a alternate patch that would keep the original sprites of the main characters intact like this edit I made:

Sorry, I'm not making any alternate patches - I'd never end. I haven't decided on Richard's hair though.
In any case, if that really bothers you it would be really easy to make your own addendum.

Really liking the look of everything. The colour looks great and everything seems to work very well together in my opinion.

One little thing I noticed that I figured I'd mention though. You added that little spike/cow lick to Prince Sable's hair, which I actually like as its a little touch which makes the sprite just a little more accurate to original artwork of the character. But I noticed that the cow lick is most commonly shown on the the right side of his hair (our left) and figured it could be changed to reflect that. I also noticed the cow lick is not present when seeing the sprite from behind which could be added as well. Just a minor suggestion I though I'd point out.

Hmm... you've got a point there. It's a pain in the ass to tweak that, but I'll look into it.

SCD

• SPOOOOON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 31, 2016, 02:37:36 am »
Sorry, I'm not making any alternate patches - I'd never end. I haven't decided on Richard's hair though.
In any case, if that really bothers you it would be really easy to make your own addendum.

It's not bothering me, I just though it would be a neat idea. Sorry about that.

toruzz

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 31, 2016, 02:56:06 am »
It's not bothering me, I just though it would be a neat idea. Sorry about that.
I'm sorry if that came out wrong, I didn't mean to sound like an asshole. I just meant that it would take me quite a long time to make alternate patches as people have been suggesting me, so I think it's best to just finish the hack the best I can and if someone doesn't like a particular thing he or she can change it later.

I understand that purists may be unhappy with the changes/additions, so it wouldn't surprise me if an addendum come up later.

SCD

• SPOOOOON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 31, 2016, 03:21:48 am »
I'm sorry if that came out wrong, I didn't mean to sound like an asshole. I just meant that it would take me quite a long time to make alternate patches as people have been suggesting me, so I think it's best to just finish the hack the best I can and if someone doesn't like a particular thing he or she can change it later.

I understand that purists may be unhappy with the changes/additions, so it wouldn't surprise me if an addendum come up later.

It's not a big deal, apology accepted.

I understand, you don't have to worry about making any alternate patches. Just make your hack the way you wanted it to be.

dACE

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 31, 2016, 06:22:49 am »

This is you focusing on a zoomed in view of the character seen on the side.
Then his pupils connect to the hairline - which lead to your misconception.

/dACE

MathUser2929

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 31, 2016, 08:29:23 am »

Like this?

toruzz

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 31, 2016, 09:15:46 am »

Like this?
That's not compliant with GBC's resolution.

MathUser2929

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 31, 2016, 09:33:50 am »
I copied his picture tho.

toruzz

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 31, 2016, 09:39:27 am »
I copied his picture tho.
I mean your edit, you draw between pixels.

MathUser2929

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 31, 2016, 10:36:32 am »
Probably cause he made his image too big. I can't match it pixel per pixel if each pixel is actually 4 pixels. It's just to give an idea of how to draw the sprite. He would of course have to work within the limitations.

nerdkiller2000

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 06, 2016, 12:54:17 pm »
I suggest you stop talking about this project and posting updates, until you're done, in the way you like it. The entitled little children here will never stop pestering you with insane claims and demands. That's the way of the internet these days, alas. The dominant age group is a very toxic one, that must be ingored and never tended to.

VicVergil

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 06, 2016, 01:57:53 pm »
I suggest you stop talking about this project and posting updates, until you're done, in the way you like it. The entitled little children here will never stop pestering you with insane claims and demands. That's the way of the internet these days, alas. The dominant age group is a very toxic one, that must be ingored and never tended to.

Xir Nerd Killer "The Millennial", congratulations on your first post. It feels like a hate train off the rails and very off topic, but that fits the general theme you chose for your user name and all. And good luck for your personal crusade to deny all those pesky young'uns undeserved FUN for their unchecked privilege and entitlement, as you start that glorious era with a nerd massacre in this nerd cesspool known as RHDN.

But could you please postpone and tone down your murderous nerd killing (and please spare that nerdy hack author if you may)? After the hack is done, you can paint walls with colored guts of nerds all you want, that must be the reason you came to this color hack discussion right? It can't be just to tell the hack author to shut up, right? He's so kind and not that annoying so that you took the effort to come from some far away community to tell him that.

There's some harmony and peaceful exchange of ideas making everyone here a better person, the hack author asking for feedback is getting some of it, the one with the x2 screenshoot learning about what's not pixel art, new facts and concept art unseen elsewhere, and suggestions for purists that actually help them improve the game the way they want. By the way, purists can learn here what they need to do with Crystaltile2 to fix the game (and then they can come up with their own innovative hacks for other games). In fact, it's a wonderful discussion!

I understand how paramount your Nerd Slaying quest knowing no bounds (either place or proper spelling) is, and empathize with how painful Nerd-Poisoning can get, but we could do without needless antagonism and tension here.

toruzz

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 07, 2016, 11:28:08 pm »
Here's the overworld so far:

I'm progressing slowly but surely!