News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: IPS Patch Pokemon Emerald Hoenn Edition  (Read 7754 times)

DjMehdi

• View Profile
IPS Patch Pokemon Emerald Hoenn Edition
« on: April 04, 2016, 12:14:55 pm »
I had this wrote out but it erased, so I'll try to make it short. I've tried several times to patch this IPS file in order to play Pokemon the way we would all intend it to be played. I've been attempting to patch the Pokemon Emerald Compelte Hoenn Edition. Is there anyway Please, don't act "holier then thou" for assumed proficient technical prowess. Don't respond unless, you can help. I don't need a tutorial maybe a patcher suggestion? I do not need snotty responses either.

[ removed ]

Sorry, forgot to add the link. www.romhacking.net/hacks/1947/
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 02:04:05 pm by KingMike »

Bonesy

• Dog is God, God is Dog
    • View Profile
Re: IPS Patch Pokemon Emerald Hoenn Edition
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 01:22:52 pm »
Can't do that, we don't distribute roms.

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2016, 02:13:00 pm »
The patches are working, I've just downloaded and confirmed it.  No, I cannot send you one that has been pre-patched.  Nor can I point you in the way of a ROM that works.

You need to use a patcher such as Lunar IPS or Floating IPS, and apply it to your ROM that way.  If you're using a Mac, try MultiPatch.

It is also possible that you are using the incorrect dump if you still can't patch it correctly.  I would suggest checking the checksum and comparing it with what I have listed in ROM information.  There are many applications that will check your ROM for you.

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2016, 02:20:02 pm »
I use LunarIPS and patch the game no problem. (the first time it's run it associates itself with IPS, so then you can just double-click the IPS and the ROM). (unless there's a problem later, I played the game maybe 10 minutes with no issue)
Make sure you have the right ROM (the English version), though there seems to be only one version.

Absolutely no ROM requests. Ask again and it will be locked.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

DjMehdi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2016, 05:23:29 pm »
You all did exactly, what I said I not to. Don't be so anal. Also, none of you bothered to read I've already multiple times attempted to and floating ips patcher doesn't work
I use LunarIPS and patch the game no problem. (the first time it's run it associates itself with IPS, so then you can just double-click the IPS and the ROM). (unless there's a problem later, I played the game maybe 10 minutes with no issue)
Make sure you have the right ROM (the English version), though there seems to be only one version.

Absolutely no ROM requests. Ask again and it will be locked.
on Windows.

I don't know if your all trying to help or simply attempt to sound like I'm just not getting it or superior in some form.

doesn't work ONLY on windows. Excuse me.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 05:55:54 pm by DjMehdi »

Aroenai

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2016, 06:15:13 pm »
They're not being anal or superior, they're following the board rules: http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php/topic,658.0.html

Perhaps it would be more helpful if you describe WHY Floating IPS isn't working? Any error messages, broken rom, etc.?

The page you linked to shows the MD5 checksum of the rom it needs to be applied to, you can use something like hashtab to verify that the rom you have is correct. As Chronosplit mentioned, it's possible you just have a bad dump.

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2016, 07:07:14 pm »
Well uh... honestly, I don't know how else I'd put my post in tone.  We're just trying to find the problem is all.  I'm sorry if I came across that way, it wasn't my intention.

Here, this'll fly over the FLIPS issue.  Try this browser-based patcher.  If it doesn't work right still, most likely your dump is bad: http://wanderingcoder.net/projects/JPS/
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 05:47:55 pm by Chronosplit »

DjMehdi

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2016, 05:51:21 pm »
Well uh... honestly, I don't know how else I'd put my post in tone.  We're just trying to find the problem is all.  I'm sorry if I came across that way, it wasn't my intention.

Here, this'll fly over the FLIPS issue.  Try this web-based patcher.  If it doesn't work right still, most likely your dump is bad: http://wanderingcoder.net/projects/JPS/

It was a big help until, I came across the problem of how do I download it. I tried clicking it and the "saving link as..." option.

April 05, 2016, 05:57:34 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
It's a U for USA rom from [ removed ]. I assume none of you have Macintosh. Not asking for the rom I'm asking for someone who is willing to patch it for me. As in I send the rom and the IPS files it becomes patched and sent back by email.I have the rom I need I need a patcher. I've also owned a legitmate copy with proof of Pokemon Emerald. For anyone crying it'sillegal. If I owned a copy from retail it becomes legal.

As I stated don't be uptight or assume if you misunderstand. So, quick to dribble about rules as if you know everything you don't find the solution.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 06:10:12 pm by KingMike »

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2016, 06:48:53 pm »
You keep asking someone to send you a ROM (if in a roundabout way), you haven't said anything about WHY it's "not working".
WHAT happens? Black screen? Error message? Game plays but unchanged?

Because I get the some ROM from that REMOVED SITE, so it's not a problem with the ROM or patch. I applied with Lunar IPS and it seemed to work fine.

Did you unzip the ROM? Is it not Read-Only? If you are playing in VBA, did you set the save type correctly (128K Flash I think it is) (I don't know if you played a Pokemon game before on emulator and if you know that or not. Just asking all the questions about reasons it wouldn't work. And if the last one happened to be the problem, even sending you the ROM wouldn't change it because that's an emulator problem.)
We can answer questions but I'm not giving in to begging.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018