Nekketsu Famicom series title screen translation

Started by helaku, March 30, 2016, 04:21:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

helaku

I'm a big fan of those games so I was thinking to translate the title screen for a few games that I think are the best (in that order):

- 熱血格闘伝説 (Nekketsu Kakutō Densetsu) - Hot-Blooded Wrestling Legend
I was using wrestling instead of fighting because that combat sport involve grappling type techniques such as clinch fighting, throws and takedowns, joint locks, pins and other grappling holds.

- くにおくんの熱血サッカーリーグ (Kunio-kun no Nekketsu Soccer League) - Kunio's Hot-Blooded Soccer League
I didn't put kun because it have no translation in english.

- 熱血!すとりーとバスケット ~がんばれDunkHeroes~ (Nekketsu Street Basket: Ganbare Dunk Heroes) - Hot-Blooded Street Basket: Go for it Dunk Heroes
I've used go for it instead of go go or do your best because I think it's sound better.

- ダウンタウン熱血物語 (Downtown Nekketsu Monogatari) - Downtown Hot-Blooded Story
I've used story instead of tale because I think it's sound better.

I've used Hot-Blooded for Nekketsu instead of anything else because it means excited, strong emotions etc.

What do you think, those are the corrects one?
Thanks!
Have at you!

stuffgnome

I know absolutely nothing of the Japanese language but the term Hot-blooded just seems off, also maybe the word could be changed to fit each individual title.

- 熱血格闘伝説 (Nekketsu Kakutō Densetsu) - Hotheaded Wrestling Legend

- くにおくんの熱血サッカーリーグ (Kunio-kun no Nekketsu Soccer League) - Headlong Soccer League: Kunio's Match

- 熱血!すとりーとバスケット ~がんばれDunkHeroes~ (Nekketsu Street Basket: Ganbare Dunk Heroes) - Brazen Street Ball: Go for it Dunk Champions

- ダウンタウン熱血物語 (Downtown Nekketsu Monogatari) - Downtown Ferocity Saga

It is not perfect by any stretch of the imagination I just wanted to show the potential for word play here.

Zynk

I think "Nekketsu" is a series recurring title. It means "Hot-blooded" but it seems that it was not meant to be translated literally.

helaku

Ok I understand that Nekketsu is debatable but my translation is correct or what do you changed?

Thanks!
Have at you!

filler

熱血 directly means "passionate", which includes things like hot-blooded, or ardent. However, in this case I think it's used more to indicate a "fighting-man". Someone who's a bit rough, and tough.

"Rowdy" might be the best substitute I can come up with.

helaku

Of...
I don't talk about the Nekketsu word translation now.
I'm interested if the translation of the rest words are ok.

Thanks!
Have at you!

filler

Yes. They are fine.
Although you could say basketball rather than basket.