News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Two hack releases, and some story  (Read 1097 times)

RetroRain

• View Profile
Two hack releases, and some story
« on: April 04, 2016, 02:12:16 pm »
I wanted to have my Zelda hack released on April 1st, but unfortunately that didn't happen, because I came down with a really bad eye-strain.  I have decided to get away from computer work altogether, because even though I love ROM hacking and everything game design, I care more about my health.

Unfortunately, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Cowabunga Edition (SaveRAM hack) will not be released.  It is 55% complete, but it is still incomplete, and the save functionality still wasn't implemented yet.

However, I am releasing the mapper conversion patch for TMNT, which I planned on releasing AFTER my SaveRAM hack got released, and I am releasing (even though it is incomplete) my Zelda hack which I got inspired to do over a week ago.

Zelda 3D

Please read the readme, before playing.  Zelda 3D was inspired by the 3D effect used in Rad Racer.  I wanted to implement it in LOZ, and call it Zelda 3D.  Yeah, it was gimmicky, but I thought it was cool.  Just incase you are wondering, I did not get the eye-strain from the 3D effect, but from the many hours of focusing on the hack.  I spent sometimes 6 hours straight on the project, because I wanted to get it done as fast as I could.

The select button toggles the unfinished (it's not even real 3D) 3D effect.

Download
http://acmlm.kafuka.org/uploader/get.php?id=5029

And here is the TMNT MMC5 patch.

It is complete with documentation, even how to show you how to convert it manually if you wish.

Download
http://acmlm.kafuka.org/uploader/get.php?id=5032

So yeah, this is most likely the end for my computer projects.  I hope you enjoyed my work.

~RetroRain

VicVergil

• View Profile
Re: Two hack releases, and some story
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 07:05:31 pm »
I hope you'll recover from this, and that your condition won't prevent you forever from doing whatever you want :(
Good luck.

RaidouJFlo

• View Profile
Re: Two hack releases, and some story
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2016, 07:27:11 pm »
 :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Not what I was expecting to read when I opened this thread...