News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Problems with game patching thread.  (Read 3161 times)

Plint Michigan

• View Profile
Problems with game patching thread.
« on: February 23, 2016, 02:58:39 pm »
I'm only posting one game I need help with for now, but I think this might be useful for a general thread of patching problems.

This morning, I downloaded the rom for SaGa 2 for the NDS from *romsite removed*. A while ago, I had downloaded a translation patch for it, but have been waiting for a chance to download the rom.

...But I've tried many things to get the translation patch to patch on, but nothing works. I keep getting "Xdelta3/too many file names" errors. What am I doing wrong?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 06:51:28 pm by I.S.T. »

Lilinda

• View Profile
Re: Problems with game patching thread.
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2016, 06:52:10 pm »
Retired moderator/staff member as of July 14th 2016

Plint Michigan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2016, 10:15:19 am »
Yes, I'm pretty sure. I even used the modded version that came with the patches, and I tried BOTH the regular and alternate patches, but nothing worked.

I'll try downloading that again to see if I have an outdated version, but if that doesn't work, I'm at a loss.

FAST6191

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2016, 11:06:04 am »
Normally I would try myself but I lack the time right now. From the error messages you mention though I have to ask what happens if you put the file names in quotes, or rename to names without spaces in them?

Plint Michigan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2016, 02:02:21 pm »
I still get that error.

February 25, 2016, 09:17:06 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
I looked EVERYWHERE for the answer to my problem. I even tried putting the patch in the folder of the roms, and now I get a "Not a VCDIFF input" error.

Wah! What am I doing wrong!?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 09:17:06 pm by Plint Michigan »