News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: PSX games relative search problems  (Read 1641 times)

Chiche

• View Profile
PSX games relative search problems
« on: February 17, 2016, 09:58:47 pm »
Hi, I'm having a few problems trying to do relative searches of strings I know each game has but not finding them on the files... I've tried three different games, Bomberman Fantasy Race, Twisted Metal III and SRWA (the "EVA" string, which is on english letters)... Why is it ? Am I missing something or doing something wrong ?

I'm using Daemon Tools Lite to mount the images and copy the files and WindHex for editing and doing relative searches.

Guadozoku

• View Profile
Re: PSX games relative search problems
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2016, 11:49:06 pm »
Well, they're probably in SJIS and not in single tiles, so instead of searching EVA, you'd be better off searching *E*V*A, or better yet just whatever that translates to in SJIS (you can download a table off this site)

Chiche

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2016, 12:44:00 am »
I do have the S-JIS table, just that wanted to try a bit of english hacking first for practice since I've just started three days ago with this. Bomberman Fantasy Race and Twisted Metal III roms are on English, why would I still need the S-JIS table when I'm doing relative search ?

Guadozoku

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2016, 10:02:12 am »
Cause relative search is assuming one hex value for a character, but sjis uses two