News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Where can I get the PS2 widescreen patches ?  (Read 2833 times)

SORASUNYU

• View Profile
Where can I get the PS2 widescreen patches ?
« on: February 18, 2016, 11:51:22 am »
Where can I get the PS2 widescreen patches ? (for hacking the ISOs , not for running on the emu)

FAST6191

• View Profile
Re: Where can I get the PS2 widescreen patches ?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2016, 12:20:59 pm »
The PS2 does have some exceptions as some things it did have odd resolutions for some games but most such hacks you will see for any system that is not the PC will be for emulators, or be letterboxing hacks which are as much an abomination as letterboxing is elsewhere. Iso wise the most you will tend to see might be for when it is easier to hack the game than fiddle with the emulator.

mz

• Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2016, 12:35:20 pm »
I think FAST6191 is wrong this time. I'm playing all of my 211 games in widescreen on real hardware.

To apply these patches, you will need a hex editor that can search and replace. I use HxD.

You can get a few patches here: http://ps2wide.net/

And a ton more here: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-Widescreen-Game-Patches

For the latter, you will need to convert them first with something like PNACH Converter.

If you use Open PS2 Loader to load your ISOs, you don't even need to patch anything. Just create a cheat file with the needed codes in it.
There has to be a better life.

FAST6191

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2016, 12:48:28 pm »
It appears I have some reading to do. I saw some of the stuff people were looking into to force progressive images and marginally higher resolutions, as well as some of the colour changing stuff, but somehow missed these ones. For all the stuff done for the xbox and GC/Wii it seems few people referenced any work done there.