News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Need quick help on Street Fighter II: Special Champion Edition hack.  (Read 2813 times)

SCD

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • SPOOOOON!
    • View Profile
Hi,

I’m making a hack for the American version of Street Fighter II: Special Champion Edition for the Sega Genesis that would switch the names of M.Bison, Balrog and Vega back to their original Japanese names on everything, even on the ending text.

I got most of it done, but I need help on finding the offsets and the hex values of their names that are used on their character portraits and their life bars so I can change them. Does anybody know where they are in the ROM?

If anybody knows the offsets and the hex values of the intro sprites in both the American and Japanese ROMs, I can try decensoring the intro as well.

Here's what I got done so far:

« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 06:51:02 am by SCD »

RobertAugustdeMeijer

• View Profile
I can't help, but why does everybody call this game 'ChampionSHIP Edition' when it's actually just 'Champion Edition'? I made the same 'mistake' with my own hack : o

SCD

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • SPOOOOON!
    • View Profile
Re: Need quick help on Street Fighter II: Special Champion Edition hack.
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2016, 06:56:20 am »
I can't help, but why does everybody call this game 'ChampionSHIP Edition' when it's actually just 'Champion Edition'? I made the same 'mistake' with my own hack : o

Yeah I just noticed that, I fixed the subject title now it has the correct word in it. Thanks for letting me know.