News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Final Fantasy 2 trouble  (Read 7310 times)

SleepyFist

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy 2 trouble
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2016, 07:45:19 pm »
Sorry, but I think you're losing me :o slow down and try to phrase what you say a little better.

I think the Gist of this is that you want final fantasy II on your Retron5,
but you don't need to make another patch, Demiforce already made one,
and It will work if you get it attached to a proper FF II ROM.

But anyway.
Retron5 can play gameboy advance right?
well google Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls rom
and you should be good to go no patching required.

deadlyblossom

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2016, 07:56:36 pm »
Darn I guess no wants to help and keeps misunderstanding and I rather play through 8-bit rather than something like that.

I'll only settle with Game Boy Advance version for soul of rebirth where Mindu takes over for Firion.

In other I will do what I want to do right and with the script the way I see fit, with or without your concents.

Sorry I got that from that Mortal Kombat movie.

Lenophis

• Discord Staff
  • The return of the sombrero!
    • View Profile
    • Slick Productions
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2016, 01:05:42 am »
Aside from an obvious language barrier in play here, there is one thing that hasn't been mentioned.

If you have patched to a rom already, that rom is toast. Any other patches applied to that same rom will still give a broken rom. This is why it always said to make backups (copies) of whatever you patch to in case something very bad goes wrong.

So, your instructions are as follows:

1) Get new rom
2) Backup new rom
3) Apply patch to new rom
4) Copy rom to Retron5.
5) ??
6) Profit!

https://ff6randomizer.codeplex.com/ - Randomize your FF6 experience!

deadlyblossom

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2016, 06:56:57 am »
Will you please stop this wild goose chase.

I don't need this advice.

And you heard what someone said it does not work that way?

So ether you let me make my own or I''ll report you to the Current Moderators for not telling me the language that I understand and not getting it through your head that Retron 5 does not work that way.

amitrius17

• View Profile
    • FantasyAnime
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2016, 10:24:26 am »
And my romz save the day yet again 8)

Btw guys, I do have a patching tutorial (with a video) that you can send people to so you don't have to fuss with explaining patching. However in relation to this thread, I don't have any info with patching for the Retron5.
[ fantasyanime.com ] RPGs & Anime

deadlyblossom

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2016, 03:13:35 pm »
Well now that this is not going well I'm going to back off.

No more of this.

I should just download the getting started right now and then leave them be until I do deeper research on the Japanese language.

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2016, 03:39:27 pm »
Bonus: A noob with very poor english skills is the worst. They ask questions like "how did I doing if active with room hacking or different ?" and then some of them get mad when you have no idea what they are talking about.
Cigarettes, ice-cream, figurines of the Virgin Mary...

Bonesy

• Dog is God, God is Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2016, 03:44:11 pm »
god why did they have to make the retron5, we aren't the damn support forum for it

deadlyblossom

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2016, 04:31:00 pm »
Okay I won't talk about anymore so let's drop it.

And why simple. Hyperkin company wanted to create a multi console that plays both American and Japanese versions of NES Super NES and Genesis and only the American Game Boy Game Boy Color and Game Boy Advice. (Sorry Pokemon fans you'll never play the Green version.)

So why don't we drop it and let me do it my way.

I'll study Japanese and such and try to find a team who were super smart that were considered Dexter and Blossom children. Sorry I like this crossover pairing since I'm reading Powerpuff Girls D.

February 11, 2016, 09:17:30 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Sorry to double but everyone I apologize I did not know that there were the IPS there all along.

It is the FF2EINES.IPS patch.

And I need no Lunar IPS utility I put it into my SD card and put it into the Retron 5 and it worked like a charm.

Looks like I've been bent out of shape for nothing.

And Isao Kronos there are reason why I must have Retron 5 for this. I know this site doesn't support it but I have run into a hiccup feeling like Becky Botsfort (A.K.A Word Girl) when it comes to a little sibling.

Sorry you watched Word Girl have you?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 09:17:30 pm by deadlyblossom »

Rotwang

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2016, 08:31:41 pm »
I'll study Japanese and such and try to find a team who were super smart that were considered Dexter and Blossom children. Sorry I like this crossover pairing since I'm reading Powerpuff Girls D.

And Isao Kronos there are reason why I must have Retron 5 for this. I know this site doesn't support it but I have run into a hiccup feeling like Becky Botsfort (A.K.A Word Girl) when it comes to a little sibling.

Sorry you watched Word Girl have you?

What the hell are you talking about?

deadlyblossom

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2016, 12:09:09 pm »
It's just a saying.

The rest of you should get Retron 5 order off the Internet Final Fantasy 1 (American) Final Fantasy 2 & 3 NEs (Japanese) Final Fantasy 4, 5 & 6 Super NES (Japanese) Secret of Mana Super NES (American) Chrono Trigger (American) Sailor Moon Another Story (Super NES) (Japanese) Get the IPS Patches of Final Fantasy 1, 2, 3 & 5 here and get thos IPS Patches of Chrono Trigger Final Fantasy 4 & 6 and Secret of Mana.

Oh the IPS patch for Sailor Moon: Another Story is here too. And get the controllers for it too.

Rotwang

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2016, 03:46:08 pm »
But I already have about 4 different ways to play hacked ROMs on my TV with a controller, why would I shell out money for a fifth that can't even play repros?

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2016, 03:57:56 pm »
The rest of you should get Retron 5 order off the Internet

No thanks. I've already got a Powerpak and the only games it doesn't play are ones that I don't care about anyway. As for consoles, I have the real thing because I don't want to have to buy the same thing again in a few months. Some people act like they are a bad buy because they are so old and will magically stop working, but while the cheap Chinese pieces of shit they bought are catching fire and giving them lead poisoning I'll still be playing my perfectly functioning consoles that were made in Japan when I was a kid.
Cigarettes, ice-cream, figurines of the Virgin Mary...