News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Help with \\\"patch file not loaded\\\" on retron 5  (Read 871 times)

bonoedgey

• View Profile
Help with \\\"patch file not loaded\\\" on retron 5
« on: January 30, 2016, 04:59:01 pm »
Hello everyone. I apologize if I am in the wrong spot with this topic. I managed to get dragon quest I&II , III, V ,and VI for the SFC. I have downloaded some IPS files from the mediafire link like many others as well as the RPGone patch for DQ I &II from here. I have followed the instructions to put the IPS files on the SD card for my retron 5. I have loaded them with and without the header. I have tried all my DQ games without any success. I am not sure what I am doing wrong 😟  I get the "patch file not loaded" at the bottom on each loading of each cart with their corresponding patch.  I have read that it seems to not be hard and others have had lots of success. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I have the 2.2 version for my retron 5. I have tried with and without headers. I tried to scan the topics for some help before posting.  Thank you everyone. I just would love to have my SFC carts in English for me to enjoy.

Thanks again

Wade

February 01, 2016, 08:25:02 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
I noticed that I haven't gotten a response yet.. I hope that I didn't ask something stupid. It wasn't my intention. I just am a newbie and I can't seem to get anything to work for me. I don't know enough of how to make an IPS for myself.  Sorry if my thread was stupid and deemed unnecessary  :(

February 01, 2016, 09:42:28 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
sorry guys, I feel stupid. I saw that on the list of patches.. I started to question that they were 4kb each.. then I went and scrolled down further and I noticed there were repeat files.. this time being like 200+kb etc.. I used those on the DQ I & II and it worked like a charm.. sorry again.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 09:42:28 pm by bonoedgey »