News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Any Rom Hacking Programs For Mac?  (Read 1532 times)

iStarFox

• View Profile
Any Rom Hacking Programs For Mac?
« on: January 03, 2016, 01:03:01 am »
Hey, I'm just wondering if anyone knows any programs for Mac, for GBA hacking. I've always wanted to hack the game Dragon Ball Advanced Adventure for GBA. And I'm wondering if anyone can help me with that?

FAST6191

• View Profile
Re: Any Rom Hacking Programs For Mac?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2016, 03:51:58 am »
I do not think they are any publicly released tools for Dragon Ball AA, let alone any that might work output bootcamp, parallels or some VM. I can not recall if it was this game or one of the other dragon ball ? titles I pulled apart but they were odd things when I did so it might not be the best thing to learn on, though if it will be the only thing to motivate you it was not insurmountable issues.

Beyond that there are maybe a few java tools and maybe some emulators got ported but you are really going to want windows for many things here. A virtual machine will do happily for this but nobody really cares about making OSX hacking tools.

iStarFox

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2016, 12:17:46 am »
I understand what what you mean, as far as needing a Windows to do the job, I can handle using the bootcamp program and other such as Wine. But do you know where would be the best place to start searching or any programs that would be best for hacking Dragon Ball AA?

SCD

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • SPOOOOON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2016, 11:13:59 pm »
The tool that I used to hack GBA games is the 0xED hex editor, it's a really good hex editor for the Mac. Tile Molester is a really good tile editor for the Mac as well.