News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: New to Hacking and Having Trouble  (Read 5762 times)

KatieLou

• View Profile
Re: New to Hacking and Having Trouble
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2016, 04:27:51 pm »
magictrufflez: I am stubborn to a fault. I'm going to get this! lol

KingMike: Yes and do you mean comctl32.ocx? I've tried to google it, but (oddly enough) I am HORRIBLE at searching for things...it's odd. People can immediately find things they want and here I am searching for days with no luck. I don't get it *shrugs*. Anyway, what I found out doesn't make sense to me. Apparently, comctl32.ocx is supposed to come with Visual InterDev 6.0 which is supposed to come with Windows 7 and up, but if you don't have it you need to pay....??? And is Visual InterDev the same as Visual Studio? If so, http://download.cnet.com/s/microsoft-visual-interdev/ might have something somewhere, but I can't tell if any of these programs are what I need. All I want is comctl32.ocx so I can open my programs and do things.

Jorpho: I am finding that out lol. Okay, so I have downloaded IZArc and used it to successfully extract A-Tack. Now I just wish I could figure out how to get comctl32.ocx
Cunfuzzled Forever

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2016, 05:53:46 pm »
Yes and do you mean comctl32.ocx? I've tried to google it, but (oddly enough) I am HORRIBLE at searching for things...it's odd. People can immediately find things they want and here I am searching for days with no luck. I don't get it *shrugs*. Anyway, what I found out doesn't make sense to me. Apparently, comctl32.ocx is supposed to come with Visual InterDev 6.0 which is supposed to come with Windows 7 and up, but if you don't have it you need to pay....??? And is Visual InterDev the same as Visual Studio? If so, http://download.cnet.com/s/microsoft-visual-interdev/ might have something somewhere, but I can't tell if any of these programs are what I need. All I want is comctl32.ocx so I can open my programs and do things.

http://www.ocxdump.com/download-ocx-files_new.php/ocxfiles/C/COMCTL32.OCX/6.00.8105/download.html

I googled it and this was the first result. Come on, man!
Cigarettes, ice-cream, figurines of the Virgin Mary...

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2016, 07:03:03 pm »
Or you can just look at my reply to your original post, where I suggested to search the board.
http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php/topic,18577.msg265655.html#msg265655
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

KatieLou

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2016, 06:59:48 pm »
SunGodPortal: I tried downloading that and it didn't work. I'm wondering if I have to put it someplace special to get it to work, but I have no clue!

Jorpho: I'm fairly new to forms and still as useless at searching them as I am searching the internet. Now, I went to the link http://support.microsoft.com/kb/896559 and downloaded Visual Basic 6.0 Common Control package. When I did, it asked it I was sure I wanted to update the program, so I guess I already had it??? Then I saw that you said it would need to be registered, so I clicked that link. It says I need to move comctl32.ocx to WindowsSystem32, but I can't find the file. I pulled up the file explorer and searched for comctl32.ocx, nothing. I was able to find a folder System32 which is where I think I will need to place the file, but no file.
Cunfuzzled Forever

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2016, 07:40:14 pm »
System32 is in the Windows folder. Depending on how your comp is set up you may not have access to it without changing the settings. I'm not certain, but comctl32.ocx may also be hidden unless you change your explorer options. If you downloaded it but can't see it (despite knowing exactly where you put it) you may need to toggle the "don't show hidden files, folders or drives" option.

KatieLou

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2016, 05:53:00 pm »
I tapped the show hidden files button and did another search for comctl32.ocx and came up with nothing, but my computer has comctl32.dll (no idea what that is, but the program I want to run says there is a problem with .ocx not .dll, so I'm guessing it's nothing.). I went to http://www.ocxdump.com/download-ocx-files_new.php/ocxfiles/C/COMCTL32.OCX/6.00.8105/download.html and downloaded comctl32.ocx and placed it in my System32 folder. I then went to run Advance-Mart and, like I suspected, "Component 'COMCTL32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file missing or invalid". So the link was a bust and I still have no idea how to get it working.
Cunfuzzled Forever

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2016, 08:03:34 pm »
If you downloaded it rather than having something "install" it you may have to register it manually. I've only had to do that once so I forget exactly how. Regsvr32 or something. It was annoying. Had to be done with a command prompt. Once you figure out how to do that you should be out of the woods though. Search the net for something like "register ocx ***" where "***" is the version of Windows you are using and you should be able to find instructions pretty easily. Good luck.
:)