News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: quick question about hacking Pokemon Silver  (Read 2307 times)

naota646

• View Profile
quick question about hacking Pokemon Silver
« on: January 14, 2016, 04:38:58 am »
hey guys! just had an idea for a pokemon silver hack. downloaded some tools and everything and i have almost everything i need. but i have just 2 quick problems. most of the tools ive downloaded work perfectly except for 2 in which i keep getting the same error. i downloaded the text editor "Advanced-Text" from Scizz and the sprite editor "Pokemon Gold Sprite Editor" from TFG. the problem is when i try to open these programs, i get an error saying "Component 'COMDLG32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid." can anyone give me any advice? and the second problem is im not able to find a music editor for silver. thanks in advanced guys!  :)

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
Re: quick question about hacking Pokemon Silver
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 09:17:47 am »
Google the missing file. Download and stick in the same folder as the EXE, I think.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2016, 09:34:17 am »
I've had that same problem, never did get it resolved even after downloading the missing file.

SleepyFist

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2016, 09:50:16 am »
Got the same error while trying out hex editors,  I believe that support for this file  was stripped out of windows OS some where between xp and 10 and its function probably gobbled up by something else, no success in reinstalling it either, I think it just throws a different error if comdlg is in system32.

BlackDog61

• View Profile
    • Super Robot Wars A Portable translation thread

Gideon Zhi

• Discord Staff
    • View Profile
    • Aeon Genesis
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2016, 06:01:04 pm »
Failing all else, if the file ends up in the same directory as the application that requires it, it should work.

naota646

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2016, 07:46:31 pm »
thanks a bunch guys! got my sprite editor to work but unfortunately still getting the same error for the text editor. ill try and find out more, if i do, ill post the solution. thanks again every