News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: The start of some voice clips are cut off in Clock Tower II?  (Read 1510 times)

vivify93

• Submission Reviewer
  • Guardian of Mystery
    • View Profile
The start of some voice clips are cut off in Clock Tower II?
« on: February 12, 2016, 10:08:58 pm »
Hey everybody. I'm at wit's end and am hoping someone here can help; I looked on the ePSXe forum, and it looks like no one really answers game-specific problems on there anymore.

So, let me launch into this issue. I have a sound problem in the US version of Clock Tower II: The Struggle Within in ePSXe v1.9.25. The start of a few voice clips get cut off a little bit. I've showcased my problem in a YouTube video below:

https://youtu.be/OLdUdMBySeY

I've tried some solutions I've found on the internet, and neither of them worked. I say "neither" because it looks like only two people have had the same issue as me. I would normally link to these, but it looks like one of the sites still hosts ISO downloads.

I've also tried using both the Eternal SPU Plugin 1.41 and Eternal SPU Plugin Lite 1.41. I've also tried ePSXe SPU core 1.9.0, and P.E.Op.S. Sound Audio Driver 1.10. None of them seem to fix my problem. I know this is an issue with emulation, because I also tried PCSX-reloaded and got the same problem as ePSXe. pSX doesn't seem to have the same issue though--but I can't play with the mouse in pSX, which is the entire reason I emulate the Clock Tower games rather than just play them on my Custom Firmware PSP.

So, to sum it up:
1. I am using ePSXe 1.9.25.

2. I have tried this: "Use Eternal SPU, set to SPUasync, Smooth along with a apporiate buffer size."

3. I have tried this: Setting Eternal SPU as "Direct sound, 100 ms buffer, SPU async audio, Smooth mode, Neill's reverb, update before accesing register"

4. I have tried PCSX-reloaded (I got the same problem as ePSXE.) and pSX. (No problems, but I can't play with the mouse.)

5. I have tried various different video plugins.

Can anyone help me out?
All my life I've tried to fight what history has given me.

STARWIN

• View Profile
Re: The start of some voice clips are cut off in Clock Tower II?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2016, 11:51:04 pm »
Could try older ePSXe versions in case the suggestions are for them. Could check if no$psx supports mouse, but it is not as enhanced.