News:

11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Main Menu

BalloonFightGB Finally Fully Translated!

Started by dACE, December 28, 2015, 05:56:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dACE

So, In a old thread I posted a Title-screen hack of The Japanese GameBoy-Color game Balloon Fight GB.
Basically, I copied and adapted the Title-screen from the EU/US release for the regular GameBoy called BallonKid
into the Japanese version.

Here is the old forum thread:
http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php/topic,20128.0.html

I had seen that there was some Japanese text still left in the game - but I thought it would be to cumbersome to change that at the time.

Anyhow, since there was such amount of positive feedback on the Title-screen hack  :laugh:
I have now completed a FULL translation of Balloon Fight GB.

Truth be told, there wasn't that much to translate. And the little there was isn't translated at all
- I just exchanged it with suitable English.

Below are a gif-animation of everything that is changed:

Yeah - I know, the names of the stages are kinda lame. I actually tried to lockup if the stages had real English names.
I only found that the first stage COULD be Pencilvania, which seems to be a lame translation joke somebody made when the manual was written.
The joke being that there are pencil-houses on the first stage and Pennsylvania is an actual city in the US.

Get the patch here at FileTrip: http://filetrip.net/dl?dkeh7dgurf
(Remember to wait for the Download File button - have patience and DO NOT click anything else)

Apply it to a rom with CRC32: D2AF64CE

/dACE

John Enigma

Nice! This should be in the in the list of translations.

John Enigma

Weird that this patch never appeared in the front page news, or in Romhacking.net's database of translations.

KingMike

Quote from: John Enigma on January 28, 2016, 09:57:30 PM
Weird that this patch never appeared in the front page news, or in Romhacking.net's database of translations.
Nobody must've submitted it.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Zynk

Somebody has submitted it, but I don't think dACE does not want it archived here.

John Enigma

Huh. That's weird. I'll never understand why he doesn't want to sumbit it here. I've seen his four hacks, and they're pretty useful and great.

This one looks like I wanna play it right away.

dACE

I still think the submit hack process is cumbersome...

Might buckle down and submit this hack properly someday.

Until then, there is a link to the patch in my first post.

/dACE

Zynk

Quote from: dACE on February 01, 2016, 11:20:33 AM
I still think the submit hack process is cumbersome...
Don't worry. Someone did it for you and he did a great job in the submission process.  >:D

John Enigma

Well, it's official: Balloon Fight GB is now on the tanslations database.