News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Magical Vacation Anagrammed Japanese Translation Help  (Read 3553 times)

magicalpatcher

• View Profile
Magical Vacation Anagrammed Japanese Translation Help
« on: December 19, 2015, 11:16:47 pm »
There's a group of people in Magical Vacation called the Water People and they appear to speak gibberish but I've found that in fact, sometimes the Japanese is just jumbled. Here's an example:
セこカのイ ホがトん ナらウ ダぼケくガ のソまウま turns into この世界が本当なら僕だけがうそのまま

Can someone help me unscramble some of these? Unfortunately, I'm not sure if they all unscramble to something sensible as some of it might be actual gibberish.

ダたカ まケわルだ ケのナつ タっひ タとり デ
けズしサ がダ カのレ キいト をサめルせ
コせネを テおッチ マをテで タずマみリニ ワるス
ダろドけノら ミをキ キるダしメ くボ (the last bit seems to unscramble to キミを抱きしめる僕)
ゲゆマがー ナがつテもッて ジゃイなイぃー
コほタり キかオた チとハこ ミなハを ズらタしタ
マあニまリのイてキぃ マあニまリのシでンくィ
ハれオ カたイた ヲすタれワ サちイィーヤ なリカ
ニいマこコ いコん ブのダいツ マたヤるドしィー

Oh, and there's no need to translate it into English. I'm capable of doing that myself  ;)

Zynk

• WIP Roll-chan: The Wily Wars
    • View Profile
Re: Magical Vacation Anagrammed Japanese Translation Help
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2015, 01:35:44 am »
EDIT:  nvm  :P

It would be hard making a 'translation' around it. Maybe just make it read in romaji?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 02:11:37 am by Zynk Oxhyde »

magicalpatcher

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2015, 01:39:36 am »
Errr, all you've done is convert it all to hiragana.

The characters themselves are scrambled. For example, the first 5 characters セこカのイ unscramble to このセカイ in the example I gave.

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2015, 02:01:10 am »
So are they jumbles of words with the characters out of order?
Cigarettes, ice-cream, figurines of the Virgin Mary...

magicalpatcher

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2015, 03:02:57 am »
So are they jumbles of words with the characters out of order?
Yep. And words aren't jumbled within themselves necessarily. Two words can be jumbled together.

It would be hard making a 'translation' around it. Maybe just make it read in romaji?
I would translate the Japanese into English and then jumble it up in the same fashion. For example, この世界が本当なら僕だけがうそのまま translates to "If this world is the truth, then I am but a lie." which would be jumbled up into something like "Shifti drowl ithes turth, hIten butam alie." which can be figured out by a native English speaker with enough time.

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2015, 03:19:20 am »
Yep. And words aren't jumbled within themselves necessarily. Two words can be jumbled together.

Wow. That sucks (but is also cool). I probably can't help much since my Japanese is pretty basic, but I'm certainly curious about this. So is this supposed to be the effect of these people speaking through/under the water or what do you think they were going for here? I'm utterly fascinated. ::)
Cigarettes, ice-cream, figurines of the Virgin Mary...

magicalpatcher

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2015, 04:29:49 am »
Yeah, I was totally mindblown when I realized what the Water People were saying wasn't just gibberish. I think the unscrambled dialogue is mostly just an easter egg since one of the characters in your party can translate what they say. Her translated dialogue is useful information on how to proceed in the game though, whereas the unscrambled dialogue seems to be unrelated.

The game's full of all sorts of secrets actually, some of which are really hard to find without a strategy guide in hand. After I release my translation patch, I'll see if I can get around to documenting some of the things missing from Titney's strategy guide on GameFAQs.

Zynk

• WIP Roll-chan: The Wily Wars
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2015, 06:23:18 am »
I would translate the Japanese into English and then jumble it up in the same fashion. For example, この世界が本当なら僕だけがうそのまま translates to "If this world is the truth, then I am but a lie." which would be jumbled up into something like "Shifti drowl ithes turth, hIten butam alie." which can be figured out by a native English speaker with enough time.
Well thats amazing  :o

You could try using l33tspeak, or that thing where the brain can read jumbled words whereas only the middle letters are jumbled. It would take less time for the player to read actually it. JS

http://www.livescience.com/18392-reading-jumbled-words.html

Seihen

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2015, 08:12:30 am »
This page here unscrambles all of the sentences. The ones you're looking for specifically are:
http://mvdatebook.blog.fc2.com/blog-category-2.html

ダたカ まケわルだ ケのナつ タっひ タとり デ
ただ かけまわるだけのなつ たったひとりで

けズしサ がダ カのレ キいト をサめルせ
しずけさが だれかのいきを とめさせる

コせネを テおッチ マをテで タずマみリニ ワるス
こねこを せおって まちをでて みずたまりに すわる

ダろドけノら ミをキ キるダしメ くボ
どろだらけの きみを だきしめる ぼく

ゲゆマがー ナがつテもッて ジゃイなイぃー
まゆげがー つながってても いいじゃないー

コほタり キかオた チとハこ ミなハを ズらタしタ
ほこりたかき おとこたちは みな はなみずをたらした

マあニまリのイてキぃ マあニまリのシでンくィ
ありのままにいきて ありのままにしんでいく

ハれオ カたイた ヲすタれワ サちイィーヤ なリカ
おれは たたかいを わすれた ちいさい かなりや

ニいマこコ いコん ブのダいツ マたヤるドしィー
いまここに こいんのだいぶつ やどるたましい

If I've learned ANYTHING in my 10+ years of studying Japanese, it's that no matter how good you may be at the language, a native speaker is always a better choice when it comes to language puzzles. ;) They have several decades of practice and intuition to work off of.

magicalpatcher

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2015, 08:22:09 am »
Thanks a ton Seihen! I tried searching this up earlier but gave up after the first 2 links :P

And yeah, I agree. I was going to ask a native Japanese friend for help but there's a lot of dialogue to unscramble. Good thing someone's already solved them and documented it somewhere on the internet.

Pennywise

• I'm curious
    • View Profile
    • Yojimbo's Translations
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2015, 06:16:11 pm »
Now that's cool. I'm just curious, but do you mind if I ask you how you're going to localize that?