I finally got around to submitted the latest version. No doubt, there are bugs, and a bunch of new hack stuff that was hastily applied a year or two ago are still in, which may result in bugs down the line.
Oddly, I am a computer engineer in real life, and I'd love to dive into disassembling some SNES stuff, but I just never got around to it and deciphering these opcodes looks like torture... I should really do my own hacking instead of being lazy.
Anyways, all credit goes to everyone in this thread for the continued support and technical expertise. I tried to mention as many of you in the submission as I could.
If I get some free time this Summer, I'd love to wrap up all the loose ends, replay this, tweak it a bit and get a really solid final product, but we'll see.
Anyway, thanks again for all the help everyone. (hopefully the submission appears soon... hehe)