News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: [GBA] Magical Vacation English Translation  (Read 50464 times)

Maeson

• View Profile
Re: [GBA] Magical Vacation English Translation
« Reply #120 on: July 09, 2016, 02:18:46 pm »
That's great news, thank you, Endrift!

I'm off for some time. If for some weird, strange, and important reason, you need to talk to me, just send me a PM and probably I'll read it whenever I come back.

ObiKKa

• Tome of retro gaming knowledge!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 10, 2016, 01:02:23 am »
That's great news. A very smart fix! By the way is it for your mGBA emulator or did you help the hacker by inserting your fix into his game patch?

Axiphel

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 10, 2016, 01:12:51 am »
That's great news. A very smart fix! By the way is it for your mGBA emulator or did you help the hacker by inserting your fix into his game patch?

For the emulator.

papermanzero

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 05, 2016, 04:26:48 am »
Found out that the Level Up Screen is also untraslated. At least the icons are the original ones, which correspond to some unknown states.

Thirteen 1355

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 13, 2016, 04:09:36 pm »
Whoa.   The graphic they have is almost same Sword of Mana.

Same creators.

John Enigma

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 02, 2016, 08:49:40 am »
I wonder if the bugs that everybody mentioned before about this game have been fixed.

For some weird reason, @magicalpatcher dissapeared from this site after he released the patch.

Axiphel

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 02, 2016, 09:04:36 am »
I wonder if the bugs that everybody mentioned before about this game have been fixed.

For some weird reason, @magicalpatcher dissapeared from this site after he released the patch.

The freezing bugs should be fixed. At least in mGBA. There are still some texts that people have said are untranslated.

magicalpatcher

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 03, 2016, 10:40:45 pm »
I'm still around, checking posts and stuff. I'm definitely aware of the untranslated text and a couple game freezes. I've fixed the game freezes but haven't gone through and fixed up the translations yet.

I'm currently busy with other stuff in life so I haven't fixed everything up yet and released a new patch. I do expect to get around to doing that and releasing a more polished patch by the end of the year though :)

mikeprado30

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 03, 2016, 10:43:35 pm »
We'll be awaiting for that, my friend!  Right now thanks again for your effort in the patch.  It was a great contribution to the Translation scene  :thumbsup:

bradzx

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 08, 2016, 09:41:51 am »
Also I notice one thing during magic level up in battle.   Every time I get magic level up, the background start messed up.   I am using my PSP on GBA emulator.  If it problem from GBA emulator in PSP, then it is that bad?
Are you huge fan of Megaman Xtreme 2?   Then check this progress of Remastered version!

c-c-c

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 12, 2016, 02:20:56 pm »
I remember trying to play this in Japanese and didn't get very far.  Then I bought Magical Starsign a few years later and it was kind of meh. I'm hoping this one will be better :)

Cauterize

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 05, 2018, 04:09:24 am »
I have exactly the same problem !
If we choose Blueberry in partner before go to the Dark Realm this dialog box freez. :/

That's strange, several passage have a bug with Blueberry apparently. If someone want to play the game, remember to not choose her.
I too am stuck at this point right now. Were the updated patches ever released? Or does anyone know how to get past this? :(

John Enigma

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 05, 2018, 04:40:34 pm »
^Precisely why nobody knows if @magicalpatcher ever worked on bugfixing the translation.

mikeprado30

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 05, 2018, 06:55:16 pm »
Sadly he's almost a year without being around here  :-\ I hope he hadn't forgotten about his very nice work with this game, especially because it needs to be completed in some yet untranslated parts  :happy:

John Enigma

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 05, 2018, 08:02:09 pm »
^Sounds to me like somebody should probably take the helm, and try bugfixing this game.

But nobody knows if there any experts in hacking Brownie Brown/1Up Studios games in here.

papermanzero

• View Profile
« Reply #135 on: September 25, 2018, 04:47:20 pm »
Would also be interessted in an update. Especially the Level up icons have to be updated.
It is an almost complete translation.

tvtoon

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 25, 2018, 06:10:52 pm »
^Sounds to me like somebody should probably take the helm, and try bugfixing this game.

But nobody knows if there any experts in hacking Brownie Brown/1Up Studios games in here.
I wouldn't call myself an expert in that, since the obscurity of the developer is massive.

But, aheem, recently I prepared the ground to my Sword of Mana translation and I have some idea to share about what is wrong with the patch: SoM uses two byte value addresses for pointers without endstrings, but it does work beyond the boundaries using overflow to "gracefully" fall to the next step. So you have to take care when dumping and extracting texts.

That is one of the reasons I built my project "tabuada", so if someone have the time to look into the game, there you go. ;)