News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Questions about Final Fantasy Tactics (PS1) hacking?  (Read 1733 times)

Chronosplit

• View Profile
Questions about Final Fantasy Tactics (PS1) hacking?
« on: November 27, 2015, 07:50:13 pm »
I'm looking to make a minor fixup hack to FFT.  Fix oil, item names, JP scroll glitch, etc..  I know where the tools are and whatnot, but I do have a few questions.

1. I will be editing text but mostly for item, job, and ability/spell centered things with descriptions to match.  Fixing obvious mistranslated items (deathspell, songs and dances), clarity (changing sticks to all have "stick" instead of "rod" in their names for example), updating spell terms (-ra -ga -ja for example, though not completely like War of the Lions does), etc..  Would this impact things very much as space is concerned?  Most of these are probably going to be 1-4 characters difference I imagine.

2. I want to give Meliadoul Power/Speed/Mind/Magic Ruin (for the sake of making her more unique in the face of Cid, and with abilities that don't depend on equipment) and give them all a JP cost, would this effect the Zalbag battle or Meliadoul's job any without modification?  Also, what would be a good average cost?

3. If I gave all Maces a tiny magic boost and enabled Priests and Time Mages to use them, would that make them any more useful?  I'm still not sure if I want to do anything with Bags or not either.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 01:08:41 pm by Chronosplit »

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
Re: Questions about Final Fantasy Tactics (PS1) hacking?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2015, 02:37:23 am »
I know where the tools are and whatnot
Seems to me you'd be better off asking over there, then.  These are very specific questions.
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!