News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Heroes Phantasia HP.CPK file question  (Read 1323 times)

shadue

• View Profile
Heroes Phantasia HP.CPK file question
« on: November 24, 2015, 07:16:11 pm »
Hello everyone. I have a question about heroes phantasia, a psp game. I want to do a translation of this game, event if it's just items etc. My guess is the text I'm looking for is in this file. The problem is i can't extract the files from it. I used quickbms and the cpk script, but the code does not match. I tried a few other cpk unpackers with no luck. This is the files I'm trying to extract https://www.dropbox.com/s/22bm9qb2kw5bwzq/HP.CPK?dl=0
Could someone maybe take a look and see. Maybe a script need to be written for it? Or maybe there's another way to exract? 

Thank you.

mz

• Whore
    • View Profile
Re: Heroes Phantasia HP.CPK file question
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 11:01:28 pm »
There are a ton of CPK format versions and different extractors... I needed one for a new-ish mobile game recently, and the only program that worked for me was PES File Explorer 2014 or something like that. Have you tried that one?

I think there's also the official SDK programs for handling CPK files, if you don't mind "paying" some money to CRI Middleware...
There has to be a better life.

shadue

• View Profile
Re: Heroes Phantasia HP.CPK file question
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2015, 01:36:27 am »
I got it unpacked with quickbms. My file was corrupted. So now I got it. Now the file is full of .bin and .evt and .tpl files and I think they are either compressed or encrypted.