Questionably Relevant Bug:
I like the patch and was really happy to see it was done, there's just a few little things to look at. Also the game's hard.
Thanks for your input! I've changed the following translations:
- Haxan to Hakusan
- Prince Dan to Princedom (even though ダン (dan) is used instead of ドン(dom) in the Japanese version)
- The Rwf-9gr to Rwf-9rd designation (even though it was wrong in the original Japanese version of the game)
I'll leave the other units as they were, for consistency purposes with RTC.
Regarding the Ragnarok II/Cyclone force units, it has been mentioned before that they're probably unfinished DLC that act as a dummy right now:https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/969689-r-type-tactics-ii-operation-bitter-chocolate/53155207
Lastly, regarding the game being ridiculously hard, there are a few tips I had jotted down once, which might make the game more bearable:
- The key to winning in most missions, is optimal use of charge attacks. Let your fighters charge, while avoiding being hit. Otherwise, they'll have to start from scratch again.
- Ships can now be loaded with units during the deployment fase, as well as Shiva, when it's already occupied at mission start, like in chapter 1, mission 5.
- Don't deploy warships/cruisers at all costs. They use up a lot of deployment space and are only useful in large, open maps. Better to go with smaller ships and more units instead. The Hraesvelgr (Destroyer) is a great trade-off IMO in terms of firepower, speed and docking space.
- Don't upgrade Heimdall to Tyr to avoid wasting resources. The reason will become clear much later. Tyr's improvements are marginal anyway.
- Make Ragnarok as soon and as many as you can, they... rock
- Make Jamming units as soon as you can. They're great for stealth attacks, and absolutely essential in later missions.
Unless I really screwed this up, here's a complete list of what all the possible unlock commands would be:https://pastebin.com/phhvHfdA
I have no idea how you obtained this list, but it works like a charm! I think I might blaze through the game one more time with Team Red now, consisting of only red-dyed units/ships