News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: FF6 Curse of the Gods - full game hack project  (Read 5847 times)

Tenkarider

• View Profile
FF6 Curse of the Gods - full game hack project
« on: February 27, 2015, 05:05:02 pm »
Long ago, in the name of a meaningless war, countless crimes have been committed. That made upset the gods.

People started to die suddenly, most of the time that happened to veterans from the battlefield. A curse that killed...

...whoever started to kill creatures, human or not: that's what people say. War stopped immediately.

Still the Empire started to make human tests to learn more about the curse... the infamous  .........Curse of the Gods!!!

Here's a video which shows the main unique features of this hack:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1admBd1L-c

After doing Ultimate Czar it's time for something completely new... new in the whole FF6 community, a full game hack with innovative crazy mechanics:

- You'll start with almost HP max, to be more precise the HP your allies would   have at lv 99, without any extra boost;
- Lv ups will decrease HP and MP, instead of increase them;
- Characters will start with low parameters;
- Shops sell stuff at high price;
- Espers will give you some boost, but the higher their power, the faster your HP/MP will decrease;
- The game wants that you power up, so that the curse will consume your allies;
- Sooner or later some of your ally might lose all their HP: he will be basically dead;
- The balance of the game gives you a wide choice: will you escape from the curse, or embrace it at your own risk?
- New battle approach;
- The curse is behind the corner, a wrong choice will expose you even more to the curse;
- New AI/parameters for monsters;
- Items/Equips/relics will be changed;
- New dialogues and some change to the story of the game;
- Misc stuff.

The curse will steal your life, as you'll proceed through the game, the world itself it's agonizing from the pain that the curse brings... items, GP and power lack, combined to the rules of this cruel curse will make you feel the need of being stronger, which means being in contact with the curse... something similar to Breath of Fire V: Dragon Quarter, just to give you a better idea...

But i warned you: don't abuse of power, or the curse will burn your soul...
A Cursed character will be left alive with 0 HP and being able to use only fight command, since the parameters will be drained, basically the charater will turn into a vegetable for the rest of the game: the best idea you can have is to leave him in the airship until the end.
Are you interested to live a completely new FF6 experience?

Currently the hack is work in progress, anyway i have ready a beta version(v0.1), which aims to show the main features, and hopefully will be tested from some kind people that might be able to give me some good advice ;)

February 27, 2015, 09:29:10 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
customize all esper lv up bonus, now there will be as bonus/malus:

1) HP - 25%
2) HP - 50%
3) HP - 100%
4) HP - 200%
5) MP - 25%
6) MP - 50%
7) MP - 100%
8 ) Vigor + 1 & HP - 50%
9) Magic + 1 & HP - 50%
10) Speed + 1 & HP - 50%
11) Stamina + 1 & HP - 50%
12) Vigor + 2 & HP - 100%
13) Magic + 2 & HP - 100%
14) Speed + 2 & HP - 100%
15) Stamina + 2 & HP - 100%
16) Next lv EXP required - 50%
17) HP - 300% & Magic + 2 & bonus 16)

I totally changed the original settings of elements in the game:

Fire -> Fire;
Ice -> Melee;
Lightn. -> Ranged
Poison -> Earth (now the damage of poison status is earth)
Wind -> Wind
Pearl -> Curse (any source that involves the curse)
Earth -> Magic (non-elemental spells, like Flare will have a neutral element)
Water -> Water

And the other elements? They will be a combination of the 4 elements left unchanged... the logic is the same used in Grandia.
In the case you don't know Grandia, here's the scheme:

Fire + Wind -> Lightning (storms aren't counted as lightning)
Fire + Earth -> Explosion (lava, bursts, meteors)
Wind + Water -> Blizzard (ice, storms)
Earth + Water -> Forest (actual poison spells nature, only the status is linked to earth, or it would become annoying to handle...)

That's why i need to change the priority of elemental damage modifiers, besides Holy damage will be forced to have a weird type or being no elemental, unless i manage to assign a greater priority to "no change" for elemental damage...
If that will happen, then Holy will have all the 4 primary elements: it will double its damage quite easily, and it will be very hard to block.
Why all four elements?
Because this guy combines them to create the holy sword Kita Kita!

Changes for status imp:

Kappa -> Curse(one of the many shapes)
Imp -> Hex(spell's name)

For allies:

Portrait image:

For enemies:

Yup, the size will be 4 times bigger than that ugly kappa monster model... and not only that: will still be a bad status for the enemy?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 09:29:23 pm by Tenkarider »

Tenkarider

• View Profile
Re: FF6 Curse of the Gods - full game hack project
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 03:03:11 pm »
For the first time ever in FF6...
did you ever wanted to cross mountains with a green chocobo, or oceans with a blue chocobo, like in FF7 or others? Well, that will definitively happen in my CotG hack, take a look at this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTOKzcu8jjk

That will also mean custom new WoB and WoR worldmaps, we don't want to break the game, reaching places that we shouldn't be able to reach, until a certain point, right?
Still prepare to search for places that you'll be able to reach only with them, and not the airship, like a forest surrounded from mountains, or a lonely island, with only desert tiles.

chillyfeez

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 10:29:08 pm »
Love it. I'm working on a full scale ffiv hack right now that includes optional chocobo sidequests inspired by those in vii and ix.

Your hack seems like a really neat idea, though I'm sure it's going to drive me batty when I play it. I'm a grinder normally, so I'll have to retrain myself.
Ongoing project: "Final Fantasy IV: A Threat From Within"

Latest Demo

Tenkarider

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 01:08:34 pm »
Grinding in this hack might get a different shape... still the options are countless.
Thanks, anyway!

90s Retro Gamer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2015, 09:56:17 pm »
For the first time ever in FF6...
did you ever wanted to cross mountains with a green chocobo, or oceans with a blue chocobo, like in FF7 or others? Well, that will definitively happen in my CotG hack, take a look at this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTOKzcu8jjk

That will also mean custom new WoB and WoR worldmaps, we don't want to break the game, reaching places that we shouldn't be able to reach, until a certain point, right?
Still prepare to search for places that you'll be able to reach only with them, and not the airship, like a forest surrounded from mountains, or a lonely island, with only desert tiles.

You should make a teal/aquamarine/cyan/turquoise chocobo that can cross both water and mountains.

Tenkarider

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2015, 06:55:48 am »
It won't be necessary and probable way much more difficult that the other 2, besides... unless i wanna completely change the 2 world maps WoB is full of mountains and poor of islands... it's quite pointless walking on water power; the opposite in WoR in which there's a plenty of islands, but mountains are really few.
On a side note i might risk of doing 2 similar worlds both in the aspect and the way to explorate it: i feel like it would be much more funny if i separate the 2 chcobo powers, one for each world... the approach will result much more different!  ;)

Tenkarider

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2015, 11:31:41 am »
Don't worry, it's WIP this project, not stopped...

I take this chance to show you a nice feature of this hack...
Do you recognize him?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTOoBf0RQr8

Obviously he will never respawn in the same forest after you meet him, but remember: he won't respawn whatever happens, (escape, right/wrong answer, time up, hit him) i warned you.

Search him through the forests of WoB and WoR!

shadue

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2015, 04:38:13 pm »
This is cool. I can't wait to try!

chillyfeez

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2015, 08:56:18 am »
Just saw the video. Love the ffix reference!
In the final version, hope the prize is something a bit more exciting if he only pops up once.
 :thumbsup:

Latest Demo

Tenkarider

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2015, 09:05:49 am »
@shadue: glad to hear that!  :thumbsup:

@chillyfeez: well, it should work like in FFIX:
- You meet him something like 16 times(8 times in WoB, 8 times in WoR)
- 8 different forests of WoB, 8 different forests of WoR;
- When you meet him, then he will disappear forever from that forest;
- Each time you'll answer right, the next times the prize will be boosted;
- And after you'll find him all 16 times(be careful, WoB spawns are missable!) there will be one last meeting: i wonder what will happen this time... the reward should be quite juicy!  ;)

chillyfeez

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2015, 12:18:08 pm »
OK, I misunderstood what you meant in saying he would never respawn.
Sounds great!

Latest Demo